Yellow Book Part 2

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juststumps

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
got a call yesterday

" HI JOHN, STEVE HERE,,DANNY TOLD ME TO GIVE YOU A CALL,,, CALL ME AT 609-510-1307"

so , i 'm thinking danny who????
i call, cell phone,, leave message.......

go out for a little bit,, come back in,,, another message,," JOHN ,STEVE, CALL ME AT 609-510-1307"

so like a dumb ass,, i call back!!! leave another message!!!!! the phone rings ten later,, i answer it..........
HIM::" THIS IS STEVE,, YOU CALLED THIS NUMBER????"
ME: "IT'S JOHN YOU CALLED ME!!!!"
HIM::"YELLOW BOOK BLAH BLAH BLAH"
ME:: "NO THANKS,, BYE"

i go out for a few beers,, come home,, have more messages,,,,,

"DID YOU CALL THIS NUMBER??? CALL ME BACK AT 609-510-1307"
" JOHN CALL ME SHELLY SAID YOU DO GREAT WORK,, 609-510-1307"
"JOHN, I CALLED YOU A FEW TIMES,, CALL ME BACK... DON'T YOU WANT MY BUISNESS???? CALL ME 609-510-1307
ETC, ETC, ETC!!!

i told the guy no!!! what gives????? you have to be some kind of salesman in this biz,,,, but doesn't no,, mean no???? lot of times the tree comes out,, and the stump doesn't...oh well!!! don't these A_H%*%&$^#%SSSSSS realize how much they are pissing people off????

how about everyone calling steve,, and wasting his time at 609-510-1307,, and tell him john from juststumps told you about him!!!!! see how he likes it!!!!

PS: thanks for letting me rant!!!!!

All of these pretenders to the Yellow Pages throne make me sick. They use all types of obnoxious come-ons to get your business. In Austin we get two other yellow-colored page ad books, including Yellow Book. They go right in the trash after I get the coupons out of them. While competition is good, in general, Yellow Pages has been around since the Stone Age and I think their head-start on the competition is almost insurmountable. I tried one of the competitors a few years back and it got me zero calls. While Yellow Pages isn't much better, unless you really go big-time on your ad, at least everyone uses it once in a while.

Yellow Book does work. The Yellow book resembles very much like the Yellow Pages and comes in at a different time of year than the Yellow Pages. The cost of the same size ads are are quite less than a comparable Yellow Page ad. Both books work and they they are both used by your potential customers. If they didn't work you would not see the same companies in it year after year, like myself. I do agree about their salesman, they stink. But that can can be said for just about all temporary help. They only work during a certain section of the year, a few months before the ads are due in.

Back