Yup! Another OIl Thread but with a twist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have an Easy-Mix jug of Poulan 2 stoke engine oil on the shelf. I got it because it was really cheap, but have not used it. Does anyone know what it is? I assume it is not synthetic or it would say so, but there is no rating either.

I've heard good things.

No oil related failures in bikes saws or wackers since 1974. 50:1 except when milling, 45:1 then.

All the siezed saws/bikes I've worked on were others doing...........whoops I take that back. As a youth I learned, the hard way, dry gas is not needed in the winter. Maybe that's why I hate E10 so much.

I have an Easy-Mix jug of Poulan 2 stoke engine oil on the shelf. I got it because it was really cheap, but have not used it. Does anyone know what it is? I assume it is not synthetic or it would say so, but there is no rating either.

Baby seal fat

I use the Lucas oil exclusively. I use home owner saws and run them like I stole them. And have have never had a single problem. But then again I mix small batches and tune my saws right. I think that's what matters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MC-1 or lucas for the 2 smokes over here. With proper mixes made I can say my kx never needed a top end due to fuel/oil problem.

Just ran across another one
Lengend Performance Prod. ZX-2SR
link: http://www.legendperformance.com/products-page-2/2stroke/zx-2sr/

And an interesting read although this is about injection or sled oils, some can be used as premix, at the top of this page (post by 4Z) is a link to some test results
Link: http://www.snowest.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-286148.html
test results link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ag4oddHerRnudDF3QVJLeDRrbExmSGhsc1FlWFdue Hc&hl=en_US#gid=0

One thing I found very interesting in the test results was the RPM breakdown, givin the rpm our newer saws run.

Just think of this for a sec, when has anyone heard of an 'oil' related failure, a failure due to using any two cycle oil designed for its purpose. Ask a saw builder..when was the last time you had replaced a siezed P&C due to poor quality oil where the 'oil' was the cause. Lots of lean siezure due to air leaks, incorrect carb setting ect but actual 'oil' failures, i've yet to see or experience one. I think billions have been made keeping unimformed 2cycle users feeling warm and fuzzy cause they spent X on their premium oil that can ressurect christ....There is NO regulation on what the marketing dept can write on a bottle....sometimes l laugh when l read their claims. Their is however truth to the ratings JASO GLOBAL ect thats independant of the marketing dept. It makes you wonder why a company like belray selling 100% synthetic ester based $30 a liter H1R oil, does'nt even have a rating on the bottle. Save your $ for your next saw and run a TC/FCFD/GCGD oil at a sensible price and be done with it. Woodland pro is a suggestion, ticks all the boxes including price.

Just think of this for a sec, when has anyone heard of an 'oil' related failure, a failure due to using any two cycle oil designed for its purpose. Ask a saw builder..when was the last time you had replaced a siezed P&C due to poor quality oil where the 'oil' was the cause. Lots of lean siezure due to air leaks, incorrect carb setting ect but actual 'oil' failures, i've yet to see or experience one. I think billions have been made keeping unimformed 2cycle users feeling warm and fuzzy cause they spent X on their premium oil that can ressurect christ....There is NO regulation on what the marketing dept can write on a bottle....sometimes l laugh when l read their claims. Their is however truth to the ratings JASO GLOBAL ect thats independant of the marketing dept. It makes you wonder why a company like belray selling 100% synthetic ester based $30 a liter H1R oil, does'nt even have a rating on the bottle. Save your $ for your next saw and run a TC/FCFD/GCGD oil at a sensible price and be done with it. Woodland pro is a suggestion, ticks all the boxes including price.

While I respect your opinion, this was not meant to be a "best oil" thread.

I for one am not a supporter of big business. When I need new socks, Walmart can kiss my a**. I'm going to the local mom and pop store and supporting my neighbors and friends, not some big corporation.
Same goes for most of what I buy. The saw company already got my money for the saw. They don't need my money for their over priced rebranded products.
There are plenty of good quality oils etc. out there made by "the little guy" that are as good if not better than the big brand stuff for less money.

Back