Best little pro saw to have ported?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think we better keep in mind to seperate the 3800 from the 4000/4500/400. If it's a strato saw it's a 40-45cc redmax at 95-96lbs. The origional 3800 redmax was a regular 38cc saw weighing in at only 9.1lbs.

Does anyone have a list of the Clone model(s)/numbers under the Craftsman and Ryobi numbers?

You can go out all day long and swing a s25cva or da with a 16 through oak. Bury the bar, doesn't matter. Been there, done that..ain't selling mine, that's fer shure.... ;) 38CCs.
And that's stock, who knows, might have some gains ported.
Shaun ported his but I don't know if he posted it to his youtube channel or not...? He ran his against my redmax at the Iowa GTG.

About $320 or so. Hard to beat for the quality.
I wouldn't mind seeing a showdown between a redmax and a 420/421... I love both saws so it would be cool to see!

Last edited:
We're still talking about Landy's, right? Not the GF?

If it says Rover on it, it was designed to leak vital fluids. It's a form of under body rustproofing.

As Peter Egan said after he shipped his MGB across the country and it arrived on the upper deck of a car hauler, above a car that looked like it had been tarred and feathered, "I can't understand why someone would park anything more valuable than a drain pan under a British car."

Well I got the redmax on Ebay and it seized up after 3/4 tank of fuel. Stock. It pulled hard when it did run.
Did not sound good. Big squeal and clunk.

Better try another little saw.

OP

That doesn't sound very nice..will the seller make it good?

Off the wall..is it a real redmax, and not a counterfeit?

Latest posts

Back