People are stupid.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you know man is capable of running a horse to death. Not in short burst of speed but can run farther over a day than any other animal on earth. That is if good shape and mentally prepared .[/QUOTE]
ive read that before.. that's how Indians caught many of their horses, excellent physical shape....don't see any old photos,,of fat Indians...

It would depend on the location of the EMP and how strong it is and how shielded it was.
Some of the EMP thing is hype. The field strength will vary by location, and the impact on electronics will vary with what the circuit is and how it is designed. I expect most of the products I design will fare pretty well, if they have been installed correctly anyway.

In the many threads on here complaining about EPA tests and standards for engine and stove exhaust emissions, I have often said that these are really pretty typical for various industries. This is a good example of that - the products I help design will have a much easier time with EMP, as they are part of the power grid and must meet US and international standards. The US and other nations have different standards, and they are quite difficult to meet. These standards are a mixture of various government and industry requirements. Prior to such standards, and presently in consumer markets where the requirements are much easier, the equipment would be much less capable of surviving a high energy transient.

Learning how to do it well took many years, and it is often a a real PITA - the standards keep changing, they are often poorly written and subject to different interpretations. But now that we have that knowledge/capability it is a huge advantage for us in the market. I see things designed by people who failed to learn the rules first and haven't got a prayer of passing - that is what would be offered to the market without the standards forcing the development of ways to pass them.

And speaking of prepping for things and ebola...this is three years old, looks like a breakthrough..ever heard of it? Not just for ebola but various viruses. Or is this yet another good treatment that works too good so they ignore it? I just find it interesting, I used to follow a range of tech stuff all the time, neat invention after neat invention..most disappear, especially any that seriously threaten the status quo of making money for entrenched big firms.

https://www.ll.mit.edu/news/DRACO.html

And speaking of prepping for things and ebola...this is three years old, looks like a breakthrough..ever heard of it? Not just for ebola but various viruses. Or is this yet another good treatment that works too good so they ignore it? I just find it interesting, I used to follow a range of tech stuff all the time, neat invention after neat invention..most disappear, especially any that seriously threaten the status quo of making money for entrenched big firms.

https://www.ll.mit.edu/news/DRACO.html
Ebola pandemic? That's so last week's news.

When you give a number, there is a rule, you say 123-456-7890 with a pause in between. Not...1234567890.

I find that folks will start off slowly while talking about the unimportant stuff then race though their phone number like they just realized a piano is about to fall on their head so they have to hang up.

I find that folks will start off slowly while talking about the unimportant stuff then race though their phone number like they just realized a piano is about to fall on their head so they have to hang up.

Some don't even leave a number to call back. I guess they just assume I can pull it out of the thin air.

Callers sometimes forget that a clear message is a good thing. As for crime and guns in USA, if you read stats at all, crime is actually down across USA and fewer prisoners are being locked up. First time in over ten years that this is happening.
I can't say that I trust everyone I meet, but at home I'm safe and sound without handguns. Especially with my American Bulldog "Knuckles" on guard.

Here's a link to read all about it

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way...-up-fewer-people-attorney-general-holder-says

Callers sometimes forget that a clear message is a good thing. As for crime and guns in USA, if you read stats at all, crime is actually down across USA and fewer prisoners are being locked up. First time in over ten years that this is happening.
I can't say that I trust everyone I meet, but at home I'm safe and sound without handguns. Especially with my American Bulldog "Knuckles" on guard.

Here's a link to read all about it

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way...-up-fewer-people-attorney-general-holder-says

I personally attribute the decrease in violent crime to the expansion in numerous states recently in concealed carry users. It was proven by FBI stats some 4 years ago that as each state reviewed and rewrote their concealed carry gun laws and allowed for more permit holder violent crime dropped in the following years. Seems the criminals weren't all warm and fuzzy about accosting someone when they may be armed...

Did you know man is capable of running a horse to death. Not in short burst of speed but can run farther over a day than any other animal on earth. That is if good shape and mentally prepared .
ive read that before.. that's how Indians caught many of their horses, excellent physical shape....don't see any old photos,,of fat Indians...[/QUOTE]
Lets see you outrun mine IMG_1043.PNG

Hmmmm..... I carry daily, it has nothin' to do with "feeling" safe, and it has nothin' to do with where I live.
Goin' armed don't make you safer... I figure gettin' kilt fur lack of shootin' back just ain't right.
All Day Everyday, unless I'm at work

Hope you wear a gun on each side so your back doesn't get screwed up. Then add one of those bandoliers and a cowboy hat. Carry a flag along too, maybe two of them. You'll need a huge American one and then maybe a Don't Tread On Me (both which have been bastardized) or if you really want to look scary, a Confederate flag--white sheets are optional.

Now, back to the OP, I'd also add to my answering machine, please speak slowly and leave your phone number. I hate having to replay a phone message over and over while trying to understand the phone number gibberish.

We did away with "the white sheets" here a few years ago: too easily stained, and a ***** to clean.

I'm Not really in to looking scary.

I bet you have one of these
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418330154.540753.jpg

I hope you are never in a situation where you wish you'd been armed.

I Hope You Have a Great Day SlowP

We did away with "the white sheets" here a few years ago: too easily stained, and a ***** to clean.

I'm Not really in to looking scary.

I bet you have one of these
View attachment 385945

I hope you are never in a situation where you wish you'd been armed.

I Hope You Have a Great Day SlowP

And Slowp makes YET ANOTHER FRIEND.. LOL

Goodness liber'tards kill me, the "stupid" just oozes from every pore.

Who can afford that?

I could and I would. In fact, after we had kids, I moved us out of where we were living to safer pastures.
I've been away from this thread, but please don't read too much into my previous post. U'r description made u'r neighborhood sound like the Iraq-Turkey border. If it is really as rough as you portrayed it to be, and my family lived there, I would move. Any gun politics taken from my post were not intended from this end

People call me and want a rank of firewood I tell them I can't sell them a rank because people on arboritesite say there is no such thing and it is agin the law. Which I don't sell bulk firewood I sell bundled firewood. When selling bundled firewood every once in a while some body say that ain't a 12 by 12 I say no it's a bundle. My ad says I sell a bundle for $5.00 not a 12 by 12.

I lost an argument with a waiter once who insisted the 12 ounce steak was a better deal than the 1 pound steak, as it was cheaper. Everybody knows there are 12 ounces in a pound.

A woman I work with ordered 3/4 of a pound a cheese...yes only a woman would order that amount...the kid behind the counter gave her 0.34 pounds and said that was three fourths. She got what she deserved for not ordering a half or full pound. lol

Latest posts

Back