Upgrading to 70cc

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How surpricing! :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :cheers:

Heh heh...what's really gonna suck is when I change my avatar back to the "Stinx 440!"

:hmm3grin2orange:

p.s. Or worse yet...the yelling Ali pic I use to bait Tom T. Hall...

the new 575 is not out yet.

My understanding is the 575 is a new saw (again) this year, like the 346 is a new model this year.

Jred 2171 would be my bet at this point,.,.,

it will have a silver clutch cover like the NE 346xp.it better be a WHOLE lot better than the last one. get the 372 while you still can.08 is supposedly the last year for it.

7900 is an awesome saw if you have a local dealer.for the price you just can't beat it.

Last edited:
The best thing you can do is find some of the afore mentioned saws and run them,If not just get a 460 and never look back!!!!:bowdown:

When the EPA AND EU make it history in a couple of years or less.. what quanity of parts will Dolmar stock, and for how long, for the few thousand (maybe less?) sold in North America??
:popcorn:

just stirring..

When the EPA AND EU make it history in a couple of years or less.. what quanity of parts will Dolmar stock, and for how long, for the few thousand (maybe less?) sold in North America??

just stirring..
I am a little worried about that myself, but Life is short might as well have fun wile you can. Give me a nice light 7900 over a clunky 460 any day.:jawdrop:

What may I ask is the issue with the 575Xp?. I own one and it has been used alot lately and I have never had issues with it my 575xp is one of the best damned saws I have ever owned. yes the dolmars are nice saws but I never went for one as dolmar dealers are rare in new zealand stihl are also good I have owned a stihl and liked it but at the time the husky offered me more bang for my dollar when i bought the 575 and i do not regret buying it

just stirring..

You make me want to go bury some parts in the backyard, next to the fall out shelter, "just in case".

What may I ask is the issue with the 575Xp?. I own one and it has been used alot lately and I have never had issues with it my 575xp is one of the best damned saws I have ever owned. yes the dolmars are nice saws but I never went for one as dolmar dealers are rare in new zealand stihl are also good I have owned a stihl and liked it but at the time the husky offered me more bang for my dollar when i bought the 575 and i do not regret buying it

For one, they are terribly heavy for what they replaced, the 372. Some of them where haveing problems with lean siezing, cranks breaking, bearings siezing. It was hurried itno production, I guess to apease the market. But should have been tested more, very unlike what Husky would normaly do!!! (I love the Husky saws that I love, and I hate the ones I hate. It goes for any brand, so I am NOT bashing on them!!!)
It had a lot of MAJOR problems, I hope they can get them sorted out.
The guys like you, that got good ones, always give good reviews.

For one, they are terribly heavy for what they replaced, the 372. Some of them where haveing problems with lean siezing, cranks breaking, bearings siezing. It was hurried itno production, I guess to apease the market. But should have been tested more, very unlike what Husky would normaly do!!! (I love the Husky saws that I love, and I hate the ones I hate. It goes for any brand, so I am NOT bashing on them!!!)
It had a lot of MAJOR problems, I hope they can get them sorted out.
The guys like you, that got good ones, always give good reviews.

I know what you mean yes there is always the occasional saw sold with a manufacturing fault saw that can blemish the reputation of a particular model then there is the downright cheap and nasty throw away saws. yes I do admit there is a bit of weight in the 575 but I can still comfortably maneuver it around a log while limbing. I never say to people not to bash a particular brand as I do understand people do have bad experiences with products and others don't.

I know what you mean yes there is always the occasional saw sold with a manufacturing fault saw that can blemish the reputation of a particular model then there is the downright cheap and nasty throw away saws. yes I do admit there is a bit of weight in the 575 but I can still comfortably maneuver it around a log while limbing. I never say to people not to bash a particular brand as I do understand people do have bad experiences with products and others don't.

Problem was there were a LOT of problem saws!!! it is to be expected, it's all new territory, but they needed to do some more homework on this one before releasing it.
And pulling the entire line off the market, doesn't instil a lot of faith.

I'd go with the 460 instead of the 7900.
Although the word is the 7900 is a heck of a saw. :cheers:

Sounds like you've ran one a lot huh? Why give out information when you have no experience with the one you are comparing to?

I used to have a 460, a 385xp, and lots of others....guess the 7900 earned its keep and is still here....

To the original poster, if you are dead set on the husky brand, go for a 372 or 575. They are both good saws and will give you years of service. Don't let a couple guys on here try to tell you one or two saws are bad. There was some early bearing failures on the 575's that were used every day by loggers and abusive professionals. Around these parts, a saw is worn out by a logger in 6-12 months.

If you want a good running stihl, the 440, 441, and 460 are all good saws. I prefer the 440 over the heavier 460 for most of my firewood cutting.

If you want the best saw in the 70-80cc class, go with the Dolmar 7900. It will cut the fastest of the above mentioned saws with 20", 24", and 28" bars. It will also be just as effective using a larger bar if the need arises. It just so happens that it is cheaper than the rest of the saws mentioned, too.

It also comes down to dealer support. If you have to drive 1-2 hours to get parts for your primary saw, it isn't worth it. Go with something that feels good in your hands and has a good dealer, hopefully close by.

Back