Upgrading to 70cc

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Dolmar dealer is an hour away I went with the 7900 for several reasons 1. The stihl dealer in my area sucks. 2. The dolmar dealer is a site sponsor with a good rep. 3. The power isnt exaggerated the 7900 is a beast. The 460 and 372 are good saws as well it all depends on you all three are good choices I would go with the best dealer near you.

Sounds like you've ran one a lot huh? Why give out information when you have no experience with the one you are comparing to?

I used to have a 460, a 385xp, and lots of others....guess the 7900 earned its keep and is still here....

To the original poster, if you are dead set on the husky brand, go for a 372 or 575. They are both good saws and will give you years of service. Don't let a couple guys on here try to tell you one or two saws are bad. There was some early bearing failures on the 575's that were used every day by loggers and abusive professionals. Around these parts, a saw is worn out by a logger in 6-12 months.

If you want a good running stihl, the 440, 441, and 460 are all good saws. I prefer the 440 over the heavier 460 for most of my firewood cutting.

If you want the best saw in the 70-80cc class, go with the Dolmar 7900. It will cut the fastest of the above mentioned saws with 20", 24", and 28" bars. It will also be just as effective using a larger bar if the need arises. It just so happens that it is cheaper than the rest of the saws mentioned, too.

It also comes down to dealer support. If you have to drive 1-2 hours to get parts for your primary saw, it isn't worth it. Go with something that feels good in your hands and has a good dealer, hopefully close by.

Great advise!

Great advise!

Yes indeed, Steve is correct.

I am sorry about the 575 bashing, I have handled them, I thought they were heavy for what they are, and then I have heard of a lot of problems with them. But I have never run one, and as I said, the guys that like them, really like them.

Latest posts

Back