Spike's GTG III

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A couple guys have asked about grabbing some cylinders for various projects, so I figured we'd have a piston and cylinder sale in conjunction with the GTG. Need not be present to participate of course. :clap:

Grouped by model and price. They bounce around a little for whatever reason, but this is how they shake out. Some P&C kits for older Husky's, such as the 272XP, are made by Husky in their own factory in Brazil. (Where saws like the 272 and 288 are still built and sold. And, no I can't order them. :msp_razz:) They look as nice as the Mahles, and I've been using them for years with no issues. If the Brazil thing is something that you're uncomfortable with, then it's best to just pass on it now. :msp_rolleyes:

$250- 394XP, 281XP, 575XP

$225- 262XP, 254XP, 242XP, 246, 390XP, 372XT

$200- 372XP, 372XPW, 288XP, 395XP, 272XP, 346NE, 362XP, 365, 576XP/AT

$175- 257, 357XP, 359

$150- 346OE

Hopefully you'll also have a "pre price increase" 395XP PHO layin' around somewhere.

Spike he is dead set against them 'cause I showed him how my A/M cylinder looks after two firewood seasons. The plating above the exhaust port is chipped pretty badly.

I asked him today, and he explained that untill his 441 or 362 start acting up he's not too worried about the Husky. I only nodded. This old guy has a even older friend that gave him a box of huskies in exchange for a "smaller" running saw. George gave him his minty 024 and said if you need any thing bigger just call. I've been trying to buy the box off him for weeks. It has the scorched 357 and a 36something, (his words) along with some more non runners.

Well enough "Hi-Jacking", I got my permission slip signed today, so Ill be up there!!!!

Almost a week away :rock:

This will be my third trip to NY and J.W.'s presence has evaded me..... Oh well guess I'll just have to keep trying :)

Almost a week away :rock:

This will be my third trip to NY and J.W.'s presence has evaded me..... Oh well guess I'll just have to keep trying :)

First trip to NY for me. Looking forward to meeting a bunch of fellow CAD's.

Any idea how many are coming ?

Hard to say this early. A couple dozen or more from the site, plus some locals I guess. Gonna be a good time. :msp_biggrin:

Probably going to be 2-3 from up here. Looks like Scott will stay and run the store? But nothing is definate yet.

Steve

Thinkin' that because it will be Oktober, I'll bring some Brats and Knockwurst for the grill. I'll also bring a couple dozen doughnuts so the health conscious in the group can start the day off right.

Tastes best when served over a bed of sauerkraut and red cabbage, covered in sweet Bavarian mustard and washed down with a liter or two of pilsner. However, we know the bier has to wait until the saws go quiet.

Yep, that's true - but I never had any issues combining pilsner with chainsaw use - just not too much of it! :msp_smile:

But I know it is no-no at GTGs....

Thinkin' that because it will be Oktober, I'll bring some Brats and Knockwurst for the grill. I'll also bring a couple dozen doughnuts so the health conscious in the group can start the day off right.

FYI, Im bringing 3 dozen Firsat class donuts froma award winning bakery. They were a huge hit at the Mass GTG. Ill get some Bavarian Creme to keep with the theme :msp_w00t:

Back