Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I doubt that Saab has any brakes right now.

Thanks for the lesson, Robin! I had no idea... Keep us posted on the progress on the Saab. That thing is way cool. :rock:

Morning slackers. LOL

Got to bed about 11pm , left the window open cause it was a little warm in here. Got woke back up by some noise at 11:30 . Then I hear some racket out in the living room. Dang cat had a bird again ! Where does that cat find birds this late at night ! Caught the bird this time !

Wait till you wake up to the cat and the dog playin tug o war with a timber tiger!

Good lord what a racket!

Got this little MS170 almost together,just waiting on the recoil.Its soaking in PIZZ_OFF right now. LOL The I will see if it will run?

Back break right now.Way better than the last 2 days !

Not sure whats next on the bench? Another 170/180 or maybe a 021?

Just about ready to see how far I can throw 2 Stihls ! 2 steps forward 5 steps back today !
Fired up the 170,started easy. Put a B&C on to tune it,no power at all ? Haven't checked compression yet,don't think I need to. I put used rings in it,gap wasn't bad. So I put another motor together with new rings,forgot I even had them ! :bang: Same rings as the 192 takes.

Then I fired up the 290,took right off,but making one hell of a noise on the flywheel side ! Then I membered a 029 jug I got from Ron. It had spun a bearing on that side ! Sure as **** that is the one I used ! :bang::bang: Pulled it out of my jug box,didn't even think about that spun bearing jug was in there,and not marked ! :bang: Least the saw feels like it has plenty of power ! I have more 029 jugs I think? Know I have a good 310 jug,but need rings for it. Plus I have the new 390 P&C I could use.

So I get to tear them all back down again ! :bang:

Now this make 3 saws in a row I had to build twice ! Maybe I should go mow grass ?

Not touching the 5000 Plus just yet ! :msp_scared:

The Slug is down right whooped ! Break time !!!!

OH MY FLOWERS ,, !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ol just brot home a stihl load of pansies !!!
I'm surprised Dan dont have a bunch of them for his rat to water with Mtn dew :)
seems like big furry rat's and pansies are a good match ?? just sayin :)

she gonna plant em in an old whell barrow,,move em around that way....

Took in two huskies yestday to repair,,figured $100 in repairs would help buying stuff for house repair..

Am I going to have to keep this going my self? Slackers. :msp_sneaky:

Wish I could stop in and help but my world has gotten crazy since spring got here. Wide open at work and driving about 250 miles a day in the truck. No time to even jump on here with the smart azz phone!

On a wierd note, I sold a 268 last night that the guy knew nothing of chainsaws. I asked him what he wanted it for and he explained he needed GOOD Pro grade saws and equipment going to Gambia. Apparently he is on a mission to buy tools to help with construction in his village. I'm glad that saw will be appreciated as it was in tip top shape.

Just tested the grinder, i love it. Removes metal really fast, and even with a 50 grit belt has a smooth finish. Already sharpened 2 axes, all my punches and cold chisles, and recrowned my main blacksmih hammer. It is going to easily be my most used tool. This weekend I will be getting a good selection of belts fro. lee valkey, and testing it out on a knife.

I am ordering some kaowool for a small gas forge, heated wih a gasoline blow torch. That will sure beat the cutting torch for forging and heat treat.

Back