4th annual east tn gtg and grand opening of the new wicked work saw shop

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
good to hear the gtg went well. I cant wait to see the picture that guido salvage has. I just hope there is more than 1.:msp_biggrin:

Thanks Terry! I had a blast and did not even take a picture.

I am done cleaning up the saws and am looking for a 32" bar for the black and red saw.

This may in fact be the only picture taken today, without Young and Cowroy there was not anyone to document it.

TryysGTG_zps74e2c4bb.jpg

I didn't take many pics either. Here is the couple I took.

u9ujydy2.jpg

9agehuhu.jpg

adesyhyh.jpg

Terry has a nice store. I bought a few small things. He also went beyond my expectations to be a great host.

Looks like there was plenty of wood to cut. I sure wish I could have been there but I've got a 4 day weekend this weekend and we worked 18 of the last 21 days to make up for it.:msp_angry:

This is it, all the pics and vids I took.

[video=youtube;VJ9pdMTL9rk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJ9pdMTL9rk[/video]

Had a great time today at the GTG. Got to meet some great people and see and run some really nice saws. The 2 saws that really stood out to me that I got to run was the Husky 395xp of masterminds and a stock Jonsered 2260, for a stock 60cc saw that thing ran great. Big thanks to Terry for being a great host and all the work it took to put this together. This was my first GTG and I can't wait for the next one. Hope everyone had a safe trip home.

Jed

Glad there were few cameras running

My first GTG. Arrived and went in and met Terry and Anne. Really nice people and easy to talk with. Luckily, a guy wearing a Mastermind T shirt comes walking in so I introduced myself, and sure enough it turns out to be Randy himself; the person that ported my first saw.
Lots of saws and a couple of guys cutting with some very modified saws. They were slicing off cookies rather quickly. These guys really know what they are doing.
Well, I didnt drive for 4 hours to sit and watch. I got out the 385 Terry modded that I bought from Joe Stanley. Went over out of the way and gut a couple of cookies. Saw ran great, and I didnt look too bad. Talked with a couple of guys and felt a lot more comfortable, so I went and got my Mastermind 371. I fired it up and went to a fairly large log over close to where the others were cutting. They all had really well performing saws, but this will be my chance to become one of the guys. I revved the saw and laied it to the log and . . . . NOTHING. Little smoke coming off the log. My mind went blank.

Randy, yeah thats right, Mastermind himself walks up and says loud enough to be heard above the saws,

THE CHAIN'S ON B A C K W A R D S.

So my opportunity to impress with my saw skills slipped away.

Loved the GTG and truly enjoyed meeting the people behind some of the AS IDs.

My first GTG. Arrived and went in and met Terry and Anne. Really nice people and easy to talk with. Luckily, a guy wearing a Mastermind T shirt comes walking in so I introduced myself, and sure enough it turns out to be Randy himself; the person that ported my first saw.
Lots of saws and a couple of guys cutting with some very modified saws. They were slicing off cookies rather quickly. These guys really know what they are doing.
Well, I didnt drive for 4 hours to sit and watch. I got out the 385 Terry modded that I bought from Joe Stanley. Went over out of the way and gut a couple of cookies. Saw ran great, and I didnt look too bad. Talked with a couple of guys and felt a lot more comfortable, so I went and got my Mastermind 371. I fired it up and went to a fairly large log over close to where the others were cutting. They all had really well performing saws, but this will be my chance to become one of the guys. I revved the saw and laied it to the log and . . . . NOTHING. Little smoke coming off the log. My mind went blank.

Randy, yeah thats right, Mastermind himself walks up and says loud enough to be heard above the saws,

Great story man. GTG's are so much fun, I hate I had to miss this one.

Did Joe Stanley and the boys make it? Young and dse (Scott)? He probably hurt his back trying to pick up a 600 lb. log. :hmm3grin2orange:

Did Joe Stanley and the boys make it? Young and dse (Scott)? He probably hurt his back trying to pick up a 600 lb. log. :hmm3grin2orange:

Scott made it, he said that Young was working and Joe needs a co-pilot. The good news is that I avoided Oak Ridge and watched my speed so hopefully no tickets in the mail this year.

That's funny the way you told it Bill. Believe me when I say that you ain't the only one to have done that very thing. It was sure great to finally meet you in person.....

Great story man. GTG's are so much fun, I hate I had to miss this one.

Scott was there......and we developed a new and hopefully improved recipe for his 681. :msp_wink:

Had a great time as usual! Terry always has plenty of wood and food so how could it not be fun? The door prize give away was pretty cool, but i think Durand missed out on a free hand blower cause he had to leave early.:laugh: Cbrduckdog's 7900 is one mean SOB, i just thought i was done looking for saws to buy!:bang:

I wouldn't be too concerned, if they give you any crap you are my hands down favorite to win the arm wrestling competition.

That's funny the way you told it Bill. Believe me when I say that you ain't the only one to have done that very thing. It was sure great to finally meet you in person.....

Scott was there......and we developed a new and hopefully improved recipe for his 681. :msp_wink:

UUhhhh, maybe you were thinking too much about Sundance, that 681 doesn't NEED any help impressing people or wood.

On another note, you put on a great GTG Terry. It's a shame more people couldn't make it. Actual shade and a building with A/C.....oh yeah this is good. My wife was impressed that I didn't bring back a 2253 after my buddy told her I went back in the building to stare at it a little longer. If I keep up this show of restraint for a while longer maybe, just maybe she will see how deserving I am of having one.....ported of course. Thanks again to you and all who showed up.

Shea

that's some funny stuff man! hahahaha

I still think I got you beat though, took a saw to the shop once because the chainbrake got stuck on and I didn't know for squat about chainbrakes, thought it was just a knuckle guard. First saw I ever ran with one.....

"hey man, why the heck does this saw start but not turn the chain and.." *click*

much guffawing from the wrench..

that is absolutely the most pure lame dumb I ever felt in my life....glad there wasn't a big GTG audience to see it....

So there, don't feel bad..uhh..sun got in your eyes, that's the ticket!

I am a total noob when it comes to hoppin up a saw but when I talked to scott about the 681 he metioned that it was running well north of 200 psi and the crank was welded. So I guess the next logical progression with that saw would be.....

attachment.php

:hmm3grin2orange:

Back