I have $700, what saw..

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ive thought about the 2260, I just prefer the orange. Take a look at this bar an chain I got today, the chain doesnt look like it fits correctlyView attachment 578323 . The bar is cannon, CSM-H1-18-50, chain is stihl 3/8 picco
3/8 picco chain isn't spaced the same as regular 3/8. My guess it that tip has the wrong sprocket.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

I was hoping I could run standard 3/8 on the bar as well, but standard 3/8 dont fit the end sprocket on the cannon bar, I just tried, it must be a picco spaced sprocket. I think I am just going to return the bar. I could put a standard 3/8 sprocket on the bar but I think the bar is thinner as well. Anyhow, the 562 is not running right. I got good gas, and mixed it 50:1. Does it take a little bit for these saws to adjust and run better? I plan to bring it to my local saw shop sometime here this week, have him plug it in maybe and take a look it at, make sure it good to go.

Yes the bar sprocket will be spaced for lp 3/8 which is different than regular 3/8 chain.

How is the saw behaving? You want to run the saw in a good size log for 5 minutes at wot. Thus allows the system to set itself up properly.

Its just bogging, missing, hard to give it full throttle when making a cut. I will try a couple more cuts tomorrow with it, need a good bar, might go into town and pick one up for it. About the cannon mini bar I got, are there any 3/8 picco sprockets tips available for it? I looked, could only find the same one thats already on it.

They can be a bit goofy at first, especially when the saw is cold. You have to run it in a good size log contentiously for five minutes, this should resolve the running issues. This procedure is a must if you want the saw to run properly. Also that chain could be binding, I wouldn't run it with that setup.

I was wondering if lp chain would fit 3/8 rims. It looked ok to me, seemed to fit alright, the tangs are bigger on 3/8, but the picco chain seemed to fit 3/8 rim good. Are there picco rims available.. I have a new sprocket tip coming for the cannon bar. I will run 3/8 when Im out cutting with the saw, but when I home cutting firewood narrow kerf is fun,ctus a lot faster. I will keep you updated, still waiting for the 3/8 bar an chain to come, once it does then I can make the cuts with it to allow it to tune itself.

I was wondering if lp chain would fit 3/8 rims. It looked ok to me, seemed to fit alright, the tangs are bigger on 3/8, but the picco chain seemed to fit 3/8 rim good. Are there picco rims available..

yes.

stihl is the only one that makes a dedicated picco rim but it only fits the stihl saws running whats called mini spline drums.

custom rims are available but they are expensive. https://performanceoutdoorequipment.com/search?q=picco+rim&x=0&y=0

look closer at the chain and rim fit, its not right. lots of people do it and get away with with it but it is hard on the drivers of the chain and is not recommended by any manufacturer or most chainsaw users.
picco rims are larger diameter than standard 3/8.

Forgot to update that, Ive let go of my 372xpw and my 350/346xp saw.

You lost me here.

Different strokes for different folks.

6100 sure is looking good! Once the saw is tuned and Im running standard 3/8 it will be a good saw, almost did go with a 6100 though an would still like to get one. Do the 562 have small spline drum, or standard spline..

Ice regretted letting a few saws go. My ported 372 is one if them.

I did have a good decent bunch of saws but for most my jobs I pick up the 357 or 359, a good 60cc saw seems to work best for me. That 372xpw was a damn good saw, it was a new x torq 365 turned into the 372xpw with oem parts. I needed cash though, an the saw didnt get used a whole lot.

I meant the clutch drum's on the 562's, Ive searched, and think the drum for .325 is the small 7 spline, and the drum for 3/8 is standard 7 spline.

I meant the clutch drum's on the 562's, Ive searched, and think the drum for .325 is the small 7 spline, and the drum for 3/8 is standard 7 spline.
Sorry I don't understand why you want to run l.p. 3/8 it's not the correct chain for the saw. If you're just wanting to experiment, that's fine, but for real use you want to run 3\8!!

been awhile since I've had a 562 apart but I think they are small spline

small spline and large spline are not interchangeable.....those designations refer to the female spline size on the rim.

from left to right. mini spline, small spline, standard spline with a dime in the middle for reference

inventory 001.jpg

Latest posts

Back