Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The building will be 23' x 118', the lot was only 25' x 140' so that is as large as it can be and still give the contractor some room to work between this one and the adjacent existing building. There will be a short drive way/approach to the back side of the building off the alley.

Initially I expect I will have around 150 to 200 saws on display, hopefully I can find space for another 150 or so eventually as I get them cleaned up and put together. I will need to go for high density display rather than artistic so I expect shelving on the walls and some free standing shelving units in the main display area. I am still working on trying to fit everything in and keeping it all accessible.

The side walls will be 12' so the higher shelves will need to be angled down to put the saws on display. It may work out that some saws will be hanging from the ceiling as a way to make them more visible. I know a lot of folks like the look of a post or log with bore cuts to display saws, I think I will have to forgo this option in favor of a more compact display.

This is what my workshop area looks like currently, actually I have a few more saws on display but you get the idea.

2014-08-26 08.11.55.jpg

The back wall with mostly 10 Series McCulloch saws.

DSC02052.JPG

Mark

Attachments

• Need Work Saws.JPG
    Need Work Saws.JPG
    209.3 KB · Views: 14
The building will be 23' x 118', the lot was only 25' x 140' so that is as large as it can be and still give the contractor some room to work between this one and the adjacent existing building. There will be a short drive way/approach to the back side of the building off the alley.

Initially I expect I will have around 150 to 200 saws on display, hopefully I can find space for another 150 or so eventually as I get them cleaned up and put together. I will need to go for high density display rather than artistic so I expect shelving on the walls and some free standing shelving units in the main display area. I am still working on trying to fit everything in and keeping it all accessible.

The side walls will be 12' so the higher shelves will need to be angled down to put the saws on display. It may work out that some saws will be hanging from the ceiling as a way to make them more visible. I know a lot of folks like the look of a post or log with bore cuts to display saws, I think I will have to forgo this option in favor of a more compact display.

This is what my workshop area looks like currently, actually I have a few more saws on display but you get the idea.

View attachment 674309

View attachment 674305

Mark
Youve definitely got something great going here. Sounds like it'll be an impressive display of saws.

View attachment 674309

View attachment 674305

Mark

Do you think a couple guys from Indiana could get some discounted admission tickets to this when its finished?

Oh and will there be security there? Just asking for a friend.

Mark,

This really needs its own thread (now that we know you are not just pulling our leg, and making a joke about your 'garage').

Philbert
I second this! What Mark is doing is super cool! I'd definitely try to take a trip down there to see it when it gets all said and done!

Latest posts

Back