Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got this in the other day. Lombard Invader 682 with the big AH81. Clean but obviously repainted. I'll go thru it and do a repaint once I decide what color it should be.

Anybody have pictures of Lombards from this era so I can get an idea of color?

The yellow of the handle might be the factory paint color.
Looks like they were painting yellow for that era...
Screenshot_2018-09-06-08-06-47.png

Got this in the other day. Lombard Invader 682 with the big AH81. Clean but obviously repainted. I'll go thru it and do a repaint once I decide what color it should be.

Chris B.

View attachment 673139 View attachment 673140 View attachment 673142 View attachment 673143
Yeah I am with the above, looks like the handle may be original and that might be the color you should try and match, that's a bad a** looking saw though!

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

I saw that picture. And I was thinking the same, the handle may be right. There is a copper color underneath the flaky yellow paint.
From the pics it looks like the paint underneath the yellow is kinda brownish, possibly was just primer?
Is that splotch of yellow (thats not on the handle and just below the oil cap) on top of the coppery spray paint?

I came across this low quality pic but maybe it was from an ad for the exact saw you bought haha
253828870455_1.jpg

From the pics it looks like the paint underneath the yellow is kinda brownish, possibly was just primer?
Is that splotch of yellow (thats not on the handle and just below the oil cap) on top of the coppery spray paint?

That's the same POS! Wasn't identified completely but I recognized it for what it was.

I'll put eyes on it later, but that looks like flaked yellow paint. If that yellow handle is original, that paint job is no more durable than the repaint. It's all flaky.

My uncle Paul had one of these. He was a tough man originally from Barry Vermont. It took us for ever to fire the saw up. But he took it up the biggest pear tree I ever saw and cut the tree down. This tree was almost three stories tall. I have no clue how he used that big saw up high.

That brownish color underneath could be from close calls? Lol sorry I just had too.

New seals, fuel lines, carb kit. Just dropped her into some wood. Of course 730 pm is getting dark these days--makes cutting hard. Handles 1/2" OK it seems.

Modifiedmark was over checking the saw. Seems to be alot of evidence the tan color on the fan cover is original.

View attachment 673498
Maybe a previous owner saw that brochure so they painted it that bright yellow at one point

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

I picked up a really clean McCulloch 640. It has a 36" bar and a brand new 1/2" pitch chain and the original 34" bar and chain. It has a flatback carb with a working primer. It needs a rebuild kit other than that ready to run.
View attachment 673923
Im feeling pretty envious over here. That looks like a great find.

Chris B.

View attachment 673139 View attachment 673140 View attachment 673142 View attachment 673143

Chris, If I can find time I will post some pic's of my Fury 81 and the direct drive version as well.
Seems Lombard used yellow and gold as primary colors. I think both of mine are gold. Good
luck with it. Glad it made it to a nice home as I almost bid it.

Chris, If I can find time I will post some pic's of my Fury 81 and the direct drive version as well.
Seems Lombard used yellow and gold as primary colors. I think both of mine are gold. Good
luck with it. Glad it made it to a nice home as I almost bid it.

I'd love to see those pictures. The gold of the tanks is slopped on over more tan.

Chris B.

Attachments

• 20180905_043955.jpg
    20180905_043955.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 21
Back