Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was thinking today, I know, might get a migraine. Wonder how many old farm ponds have chainsaws in them. Bound to have pe-od some farmer off not wanting to start.

Steve
I'd imagine innumerable farmers over the years have said to themselves "If I cant get 'er started then Imma throw 'er in the ******' pond." So there's bound to have been quite a few that actually followed through with that statement.

Now my question is which saw(s) were most likely to have been given the oppurtunity 'to go for a swim.' :)

Ran into some issues with the 1-86. Working on solutions as we speak.
Gear case is cracked and idler bracket is broken.
Explains why the case was packed with grease instead of gear oil.
f60bf0e884b2baed825c14a1c3c64471.jpg
f9176f4afcf041db270c5c1fddfc0058.jpg
8d7eb2d42084bd87c50f9dd1ea54628c.jpg

We family too.

Steve
True lol, but he is one of those types that has to quit cold turkey from something, so that's why he hasn't been back on here because seeing us talk about it all the time would rekindle his desire to spend every moment he could on a saw lol

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Ran into some issues with the 1-86. Working on solutions as we speak.
Gear case is cracked and idler bracket is broken.
Explains why the case was packed with grease instead of gear oil.[/QUOTE

Well the one bracket should be pretty easy to reweld (looks like steel I assume), and magnesium from what I understand isn't terribly hard to weld up, but most shops don't like taking it on because it's not something they do regularly. I would really like to get a ac tig setup sometime in the near future as well as some mag welding rods so I can tackle some of these repairs like you have here. I've bought a case or two when it could have been fixed with a little welding.

I want a 655 in the worst way. It would complete me.
Well they come up every now and then, just keep your eyes peeled, I would but an add in the trading Post but you can't be afraid to open your pocket book a little

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back