Echo CS-440 Clutch

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From what I see in print here is the only difference in the ability to turn the saw over is if the plug is in or out. Compression is the difference that makes so with the plug in the compression is so high the piston is having difficulty passing TDC , a wet cylinder raises the comp so high in some saws the recoil has a very difficult time overcoming the raised compression and it seems like the recoil line may break before getting the piston past TDC. Myself I have seen this many times, the crankcase does not need to be totally filled below the piston for this to occur, just needs to be wet from a weeping carb, bad needle, seat or stiff metering diaphragm holding the needle off the seat.

Steve, issue is there even if brake is completely removed. I think I will remove the clutch once I have the tool this week and see what happens.
Hey Marine-piper.............I can give you my address. LOL

Hi Pioneerguy. That makes sense but attempts to get any mix out have produced no results. Any way to drain everything out of this beast? Thanks.

Is it the right spark plug? Not too long?

That's a good suggestion there if the plug got replaced with something other than what is specified. That would stop the piston entirely and not allow any rotation past that point.

When you pull the plug then replace it do you have any travel or instantly stuck? If you have a small amount of travel then it stops it's the plug being too long, look at the top of the piston for marks.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Back