Compact or sub compact tractor?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tractor brand recomendation

• Kubota

Votes: 39 57.4%
  • John Deere

Votes: 10 14.7%
  • New Holland

Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Ls

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Other

Votes: 10 14.7%

• Total voters
Those loaders don't have down pressure? I didn't they made loaders like that anymore.
One you are looking at may have down pressure. My NH tc33d has down pressure (can lift front end off ground), weights 2600 lbs, add loader, HD bucket with replaceable blade, 560 lbs of juice in rear tires and back blade weight. 4WD and enough power to turn tires. I can dig and strip soil (live on a sand hill), but clearing my property of tree roots and any compacted heavy soil is a different job. Moving loose crushed concrete, topsoil, gravel and sand, not a problem. Happy hunting and enjoy whatever you purchase.

https://sneadtractor.com/our-inventory/

KUBOTA L3301DT #5
KUBOTA LOADER

What was your old Ford?

I had a ford 850 with power steering and a loader. Starting could be tough and traction was an issue but it had power. I didn't use it much and needed cash so I sold it. It was to big to move around all the trees.

I had a ford 850 with power steering and a loader. Starting could be tough and traction was an issue but it had power. I didn't use it much and needed cash so I sold it. It was to big to move around all the trees.

Comparing a 1957 Ford 850 to a new 30ish hp compact tractor is like comparing a McCulloch 35 to a Stihl MS362 or a Husky 562.

You’ve been given multiple great opinions.

Go Forth & Make a Decision.

We have an 80 something ford at work with the 2 cyl diesel and it' about 17 hp and after using that I decided 23 or 25 hp is enough for me. I need down pressure on a loader I'll most likely get a compact because if I don't I'll be kicking my self.

#8 L3301HST,loader,brushhog,tiller and trailer. #12 L2501HST, loader,brushhog,tiller and trailer.

I believe those are the same physical size- why buybthe smaller one with less hp?

Post a picture when it gets delivered. Always enjoy seeing new iron.

The 1023 has down pressure and float for back dragging and such ... It will dig but it depends on he ground .. hard pack or ground with a lot of roots would be pushing its limits ... Its suited for small projects its not really built for big ground breaking projects ... Its handy for me as its able to maintain whats already built I really wouldn't want to put it through to heavy ground work ... Like Duce say above "post81"although his machine is a bit bigger than the 1023

It REALLY isn't 0 interest! The interest is added into the purchase price!

I ALWAYS get them even lower by offering to pay cash, and I mean a pretty good discount over 0 interest, so don't be fooled by that.

SR

You are right.

My point is, there is some room to work things & it’s easy to budget for opposed to buying an older Tractor & having constant issues.

You gonna pay to play either way: one must choose how they want to pay.

You are right.

My point is, there is some room to work things & it’s easy to budget for opposed to buying an older Tractor & having constant issues.

You gonna pay to play either way: one must choose how they want to pay.

You hit the nail on the head. I had old and it was always leaking and not starting and needing work done to it.

I'm still paying off the debt I owe for having a child and we have a week long vacation in June that I'm saving for. So either this fall or next spring I'd like to purchase a tractor.

You hit the nail on the head. I had old and it was always leaking and not starting and needing work done to it.

I grew up on a farm & I Understand the whys, but it seems like it is easier to set a budget & make a payment than to buy something you always have to work on.

These are different times.

Back