Old Stihl (chainsaw) powerhead attachments

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was looking at old Stihls on the Acres website and one of the old saws had pictures of Stihl brand attachments.

One was a brush cutter sort of what they use on string trimmers, the other was a post hole auger.

What else did they make? Anybody used/have any of these? Pictures?

How about other manufacturers? I know about the Lewis winch.

I don't know about the other model of saws. Stihl made the brush cutter and hedge trimmer attachments for both the 015 and the 020 saws. The 020 also came in the concrete saw version. I have the hedge trimmer in the 015 and 020 in my collection . I also have an 020 with the brush cutter/trimmer attachment. I'll try to get pics. I had pics of these attachments on here way back when, but I am sure they are gone

I have seen some pics around here of a hedge trimmer attachment for an 026. Drill attachment pics also. There is a company from South America that is making all kinds of attachments including boat motors!

I just sold 4 of those old drill head attachments that fit on the 031 032 and the 024/026/028 series saws. They were new old stock left over from the shop I bought out. They were made by the atom company, but they weren't green, they were orange, and had the stihl logo on em. Pretty cool. They faced forward, like a chainsaw bar, and you could use your handles like a normal chainsaw.

I also sold a year ago a hedge trimmer attachment that was bolt on for the 026. There was also a blower attachment for the 026, believe it or not. I had one of those new in the box as well.

I have no pics but I know that mcculloch had various attachments for there saws back in the day. The nursery I worked at as a teen had a brush cutter with a Mac 250 chainsaw on it hanging in the rafters.
I couldn't even imagine swinging around a 20+ lb 87cc powerhead lol.

That outboard attachment is a great idea for use on lakes that don't allow typical gas engines that exhaust through the prop. It's not something I'd use everyday, but a great backup for a hunter or fisherman.

Here are some of the chainsaw attachments in my little collection. Not as impressive as a semi truck nut buster . 020 avp with the brush cutter/trimmer attachment. I don't have the brush blade just the poly head trimmer. I have a part number for that blade but keep forgetting to ask the dealer if it is still available. I have tried to fit other brush blades to it but no go . This is not an attachment per say but just different 020 super avp with bow bar , 015 and 020 with hedge trimmer.

I couldn't resist posting a partial view of my small saw collection of top and rear handle saws . 015's ,020's and the current models of the 020 , semi retired like me ms 200's . Not in the pic but I do the ms 200 in the rear handle version that I use a lot. One of those 200's has never had fuel in it. I am kind of an 020 nut but I don't think I have a problem or maybe I do have one.

Sorry for the duplicate pics. No clue how I did that one.

DSCN1668.JPG DSCN1670.JPG DSCN1664.JPG DSCN1666.JPG DSCN1668.JPG DSCN1670.JPG DSCN1664.JPG DSCN1666.JPG DSCN1667.JPG DSCN1672.JPG

Back