Stihl TS200 find Rare saw TS202

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20160413_122601.jpg 20160413_122350.jpg 20160413_122239.jpg It looks like a very low hour saw. I haven't tried to start it yet. As you can see, it's basically an 020AVP chainsaw.
There is a bearing inside the belt pulley that had failed, that could have been the reason it got shelved. The pulley is bolted with a bearing to the side cover (cut arm) which fits tight around the chainsaw sprocket hub as the cover is tightened up. It has an unusual wavy band spring inside the belt pulley to make it friction tight around the sprocket and keeps it from slipping, but still be removable.
I had seen filters for a TS200 on Ebay before, but wondered how they fit in the housing.
I see now, that they are tiny, as is the deflector. It uses a 9" wheel like the Stihl TSA230 battery powered cutoff saw.

Any old farts out there remember the difference between a TS200 and a TS202?
My only guess, being they were produced about the time Stihl started phasing in electronic models, that maybe it's that, since this one says electronic on it.
I just remembered I collected a repair manual for this saw off Ebay years ago. I will see.

20160420_033927.jpg 20160420_033950.jpg 20160420_033442.jpg I was incorrect; There's the difference on the bottom right paragraph of this page. What is a TS200AVH powerhead though? Anybody alive, and was selling these things 35 or so years ago?20160420_033927.jpg Mine has a 1/4" chainsaw sprocket that looks like It's never had a chain put on it, and an oil pump plus an oil filler cap.
It says in the booklet to put some bar oil in it every 100hrs, let it pump a little, then dump it back out so the oiler doesn't dry out and gall.

Got it running this TS200 running this evening. Yeah!
The billet pulley worked perfect and stuck a ceramic hybrid bearing in it. The carb needle was leaking, someone put an extra gasket on the pump side. These 020avp style saws are pretty contankerous, plus the whole tank side comes off and unplugs from the carb nipple. Had to put a new fuel hose in it too. While I was that far in there, and as fun as these are to work on, I went ahead and replaced the 38 x 1.5mm piston rings. It runs like a new one. Good acceleration, and smooth.
I stuck a new 9" Stihl battery powered blade on it.

[email protected]
Kinda late response, but oh well.
It's so strange it almost belongs in the WTF thread.
I am snowed in and can't get in today. Buy look for them tonight.
If not remind me!!!!
Old is bad enough.......old and severe ADD and it's a real crap shoot to remember much.

Nice looking repair part. That's what I do for a living now.

This morning I came across a very similar one like the one in the picture . Except for the one is a "STIHL TS 200 AV SUPER electronic ". It was in pieces as far as the handle throttle , blade etc.. also it the rest of the nuts and bolts. The only thing it did not came with is the belt. I'm having a little trouble finding out more information on this particular model TS 200 AV super electronic. Most importantly how to replace the fuel lines?

Attachments

• 20190918_040721[1].jpg
    20190918_040721[1].jpg
    861.2 KB · Views: 8

Latest posts

Back