What is the third best brand after Husky and Stihl ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You really have to be bored to respond to this thread.....dont forget about efco chainsaws...and yes I was bored.

Yeah bordom can get ya now and then. I wonder how many guys out there claim one brand superior and have never ran anything else.

If you are looking at chainsaw sales, per brand not per company among the premium brand saws.
1. Stihl
2. Husqvarna
3. Echo

The only place Dolmar, Jonsered, Solo, and Efco have a strong market presence is on this and on other chainsaw enthusiast websites.

I've run all of the above listed brands except Efco, I'm not commenting on quality of the products, or their dealers.
I'm just commenting on the volume of sales of each brand.

Last edited:
You mean the sales guy lied to me when he said my new Wildthing was number one.

If you are looking at chainsaw sales, per brand not per company among the premium brand saws.
1. Stihl
2. Husqvarna
3. Echo

The only place Dolmar, Jonsered, Solo, and Efco have a strong market presence is on this and on other chainsaw enthusiast websites.

I've run all of the above listed brands except Efco, I'm not commenting on quality of the products, or their dealers.
I'm just commenting on the volume of sales of each brand.

Echo has nothing to do on such a list - it is a brand with a bad attitude and sub-standard saws! :loser:

Echo has nothing to do on such a list - it is a brand with a bad attitude and sub-standard saws! :loser:

I wasn't talking about quality or the attitude of the people running the company, but sales, amongst premium saw brands. And on that basis I'd say Echo would probably be the #3 selling premium saw brand. I'm not sure what the point or focus of this thread really is.

Modern:
1 tie Husky
1 tie Jonsered
2 Stihl
3 a Solo
3 b Dolmar

Vintage:
1 McCulloch
2 What? I can't hear you...

I was wondering when Mac would get mentioned. Nobody builds a saw like the 610. They would still be #1 if they hadn't quit that old tank. lol Really, is there a saw to compare to the sp125? from anybody?

The DISGRACEFUL ECHO BRAND HAS NO BUSINESS BEING MENTIONED ON THE SAME PAGE AS THE TOP BRANDS LET ALONE BEING MENTIONED IN THE SAME paragraph

I wasn't talking about quality or the attitude of the people running the company, but sales, amongst premium saw brands. And on that basis I'd say Echo would probably be the #3 selling premium saw brand. I'm not sure what the point or focus of this thread really is.

Regardless how they sell, Echo isn't a premium brand, and never will be! :secret:

Regardless if they started making decent saws, their arrogant approach to dealers is too well known....:fart:

Last edited:
yo gramps!

Reramps!gardless how they sell, Echo isn't a premium brand, and never will be! :secret:

Regardless if they started making decent saws, their arrogant approach to dealers is too well known....:fart:

check the calendar..it done hit the 21st century and stuff. Dealers? You mean the guys who charge near 100% markup on all the parts you might need, those guys, and even then they never have half the stuff in stock and have to order it? I buy truck stuff, farm equipment stuff and small engine stuff..bulk of it today I get online. easier shopping, better selection, more choices, delivered to my door, and usually loads cheaper.

We gots that internet thinggee today, if stuff has to be ordered..eliminate the middleman. Ain't hardly a durn thing you can't get off the net today. Are "dealers" really all that necessary anymore? Or put it this way, haven't we shifted to online dealers more than some local people.

A lot of us live where there aren't a lot of dealers for this or that, or it is a long drive with fuel over three clams a gallon now and going up. Time/expense/hassle, go drop 6 bucks fuel plus wear and tear on your ride plus an hour and a half time to go buy a ten or 20 buck part? Or order online and get it in a few days delivered? Adds up over the year the more you can eliminate all that driving and paying big markups.

And sometimes the "dealers" don't even know what they have access to. Example: I wanted a super splitter. I could have ordered it online and had it delivered, but instead I stopped my local ACE independent and asked him to order it through his channels. told him I would give him some feedback on the purchase. He had never heard of them, but I got my axe. Loved it, went back, told him it was outstanding, he should stock a few, they would sell. So, every time I go back there..same tired old mexican no carbon steel mauls with a kinda sorta edge like experience on them..no fiskars. He didn't care, he didn't care about customer feedback or maybe making a better quality sale to other people.

Dealers are highly overrated for most purposes anymore. Real useful in the pre internet days, as in last century. Times change. Labor, hire the dealers to do your mechanical work? At 60-80 bucks an hour? DO. NOT. WANT. Even if it is some job I never did before, for that sorta loot...I'll muddle through somehow, put the cash towards any specialty tools instead..ordered online.

if we were talking cars btw, all three positions would have been occupied by European cars (I don`t want to say top 10 positions)

Latest posts

Back