Almost... NOS Pioneer P62 HP - PIC HEAVY -

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arrowhead

RARE BREED
Reaction score
I have been slowly collecting NOS Pioneer parts. I had enough to build a Pioneer/Partner P62 HP. I just needed oem case halves. A while back I got a P62 HP from a member here. It ran but was scored, which he told me it was. I stripped it down, blasted the case halves, primed it with self etching primer and shot it with 9 coats of 2 part urethane paint and 6 coats of catalyzed urethane clear. I replaced everything with NOS parts, basically all I used was the case halves and carb. Everything on the saw is oem except for the chain and fuel line.:) It has all new bearings/seals and gaskets. I put the oem K&N air filter on it which filters better than the other style. I put a set of Boyesen 2 stage reeds in it. I also ported it. The only thing I'm still waiting on is the nos rear hand guard, which is in route from Canada along with a nos 655bp jug, piston and rings that I may install on it. :cheers:
arrowheadpioneer

arrowheadpioneer

arrowheadpioneer

arrowheadpioneer

arrowheadpioneer

arrowheadpioneer

This is a pic of the cylinder before porting. I did not go crazy on it.
arrowheadpioneer

These are after porting.

arrowheadpioneer

arrowheadpioneer

arrowheadpioneer

arrowheadpioneer

Here is a pic of the Boyesen 2 stage reeds. You can see the difference from the metal oem one on the right. They are made from some kind of poly material.

arrowheadpioneer

WOW!!! That saw looks new!! Great find.
Thanks Mike... I will bring it to the GTG. It will be wearing a different bar though. LOL

Absolutely beautiful work! An awesome looking saw to boot! Are you going to actually cut wood with it?
Thanks Brad... Yea, I'm going to use it. I have others that are more valuable/rare to me. I have a straight Pioneer P62 Western and a P50 which I inherited that I will do the same way with nos parts. These two will be shelf queens. This saw is too much fun not to use. I will still try not to scratch it though. lol :cheers:

I will try to get a video of it in some wood in the next couple days. The heat index here is about 106 and no breeze! :dizzy:

Back