Almost... NOS Pioneer P62 HP - PIC HEAVY -

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are not much heavier if any than a 394. They really have the torque.

We need to find someone close to you to introduce you to the good orange saws. :cheers:

:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:

Say it ain't so!!!
You have to work on that!!
Some of them are real nice saws.

Mike

The only one that interests me is a 2100/2101. They may be nice saws and i wont knock them but i find them ugly so there for there is not alot of room in the collection for them. Maybe if I run one it will change my mind so I will keep an open mind

Ed, I know you know, but you need to put a long bar with some square in a big stick with that saw. It so makes up for it's lack of top chain speed with nasty torque and just that cool tone. Won't pinch out with our west coast limbs either. Kind of a faller/bucker thing out west. Noticing if a saw easily wants to stop cutting in a limb bind, in our Red Fir limbs.

NICE SAW!!! I want mine fixed and back. Can you help me? I have two honeys that need that tank window in between the two halves fixed. I am perplexed!
The one I have is number 10, yes, 10 in line for last place off the old line in LA. It has about 2 months run time. The other is my Dad's that has the same problem. It was a good saw that is most likely from the early 90's.

I put the 36" Burvol Bar on later in the day.... :cheers:

arrowheadpioneer

Is this the piece that's leaking on you?

arrowheadpioneer

It is well to keep an open mind.

Yes they are like International Harvester pickup trucks.
The homeliest thing in the woods but they do their job and in many cases VERY well.
You need to run Andyshine77s 372 or Super3 Mikes 262 and you will know what I mean.

Mike

I put the 36" Burvol Bar on later in the day.... :cheers:

arrowheadpioneer

Is this the piece that's leaking on you?

arrowheadpioneer

Thanks for posting that picture Ed, that must be the problem Chris was talking about haveing on his 655 wasn't it?

Now I have a idea what he was talking about as I have never been inside one of the big Pioneers.

Seems to be a common problem with those huh? I have heard of that before.

Is that plate just glued in from the factory?

Whats the best fix for one? Looks like the case's need split to to it right.

Thanks for posting that picture Ed, that must be the problem Chris was talking about haveing on his 655 wasn't it?

Now I have a idea what he was talking about as I have never been inside one of the big Pioneers.

Seems to be a common problem with those huh? I have heard of that before.

Is that plate just glued in from the factory?

Whats the best fix for one? Looks like the case's need split to to it right.

I have never had a problem with any of mine. I believe this is what Chris was talking about. Yea, the case would have to be split. They are epoxied in then peaned. It should be a simple fix once the case is split. I have another case that's split and it looks like that one is not peaned, only glued. Maybe the gas takes a toll on the glue after a while. I would definitely pean it also, like the one in the pic.

I have never had a problem with any of mine. I believe this is what Chris was talking about. Yea, the case would have to be split. They are epoxied in then peaned. It should be a simple fix once the case is split. I have another case that's split and it looks like that one is not peaned, only glued. Maybe the gas takes a toll on the glue after a while. I would definitely pean it also, like the one in the pic.

Yeah I could see where the glue could go bad after all these years. And yes staking that plate in could do nothing but help.

Looks more like a new sports car! I'd have that one on a shelf in the living room.

It depends on the jug... if it's Mahle or Gilardoni. If it's an original P61 jug it should be a Mahle. On most of the Mahle jugs the exhaust opens at 100 ATDC and the transfers at 120 ATDC. Those are good all around numbers in my opinion. Some of the older Mahle jugs were 70% on the exhaust port width from the factory!! :rock:

I see your from Rockford... I'm near Dwight if your ever down this way. I've got a few Pioneers.

Here's a P62 I built if you want to see the insides. Far from a hotsaw, but I did do some mild port work.
http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/142517.htm

It's the mahle jug. Still in excellent shape too. I noticed when you ported the jug, you cut away a little bit of the cylinder lining. How well did that work for you? I thought of doing that, but wasn't sure how well the piston would deal with it... I also had the idea of adding a ring at the base of the piston to help with crankcase pressure... Not sure if I'll do it though.. piston lube might suffer... but I've seen it done....
On my p61, the reed isn't metal. Were they metal originally? I can't find an original air filter, not that I really wanted one. I'd much rather have the K&N setup you got. Could you give me the pn for the cover and filter setup? It would be nice if I didn't have to hack apart an oem part for a 61 to use 62 parts.

Back