Almost... NOS Pioneer P62 HP - PIC HEAVY -

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That saw looks amazing! Great job on the re-build. About how long did it take for paint and waiting for parts and such?

Have you had it running?
Yes, I ran it a little. The carb that was on it had it limited. I found the largest bore SDC they made. I put it on yesterday... it made a big difference. I'm hoping to get a video in the wood in the next few days.
About how long did it take for paint and waiting for parts and such?

I been collecting mostly new parts for about a year. If I had to guess, I would say I have about 40 hours of "hands on work" on it. (give or take)

Here is a video of Ed's saw in 8"x8" basswood...I think the best time was 1.87...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XOmf4vNwj30&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XOmf4vNwj30&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

It looks like it cuts real good. It sure sounds real good.:cheers:

Thanks for posting a video here Sean. I got started on the Wildthing after the P62 and kinda forgot to make a video. Thanks Again... :cheers:

I had the opportunity to run that beast and will second Mark's comments. She run's as well as it looks! Ed it was a pleasure meeting you and I still say that saw was best of show at the GTG...Thanks again for the opportunity to run her.

I will try to get a video of it in some wood in the next couple days. The heat index here is about 106 and no breeze! :dizzy:

I watched that beauty in action yesterday. It is one fine saw. I thought I had one bought Sunday morning but I guess I lost.

Bill

LOL, it appears the fabled wildthing is garnering quite a following around here. :popcorn:

Yes, Ed is my new hero. Both the P62 and the Wild Thing were a blast to run.
I wish I would've read this thread before this weekend so i could have appreciated it even more!!

I can only agree wholeheartedly with what has already been said here.
The P-62 was a dream to run and even just to look at.
His Wildthing was mind boggling, and to top it all off he is just an all around fine feller to spend a day with.

Now if I can just get him to teach me how to build a saw!!!:jawdrop:

Mike

WOW! Thanks for all wonderful comments! :blush: Honestly, I feel I just got lucky with the wildthing build. Everything I learned was from you guys here... thanks for that! :cheers: I do also think I will get smoked at the next GTG. :)

Ed, I know you know, but you need to put a long bar with some square in a big stick with that saw. It so makes up for it's lack of top chain speed with nasty torque and just that cool tone. Won't pinch out with our west coast limbs either. Kind of a faller/bucker thing out west. Noticing if a saw easily wants to stop cutting in a limb bind, in our Red Fir limbs.

NICE SAW!!! I want mine fixed and back. Can you help me? I have two honeys that need that tank window in between the two halves fixed. I am perplexed!
The one I have is number 10, yes, 10 in line for last place off the old line in LA. It has about 2 months run time. The other is my Dad's that has the same problem. It was a good saw that is most likely from the early 90's.

Latest posts

Back