Almost... NOS Pioneer P62 HP - PIC HEAVY -

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Arrowhead That is one of the best looking saws ever made, awesome truly awesome.:jawdrop:
Thank You.... I love the looks of them also.
Nice saw wish it were mine! I have a Poulan Pro 455 that was given to me, It runs like you expect it to, but it is too ugly to put on the same thread with a saw like yours, congrats on a job well done!
The 455 is a great saw!
Thats just awesome mate. Well done on an excellent job. And I like the fact that you did a little port work to. Piston rings look like the husky 2100 thin rings....what cc is it?

It's 98cc.

Ya know Ed.
The more i look at this saw,
the more i want it. I like these
big Pioneers a lot, Thats why i
have a few.
How did you match the paint?
I have been using the single stage
urethane paints. maybe i will try the
base clear next time.
I know i said it already but you did
a fantastic job. I would have given
ya some rep but i can't.

Lee

Man, did that bring back memories!
The P-62 was my favorite saw in big wood (when we were still allowed to cut it). When they demoted us to cutting pecker poles it was like carrying a refridgerator with handle bars.

I'd swap ya a brand new in the box 7900 for that old relic.

Andy

I need to send you mine so it would look that good. I never thought that it would run as good as it does. It is right with the 394 when playing cutting cookies. I need a 32" bar or so for it. I don't think it really weighs any more than the 394 with both wearing 24" bars.

How did you match the paint?

Lee
I took the nos cover to the auto paint shop and they scanned it, then mixed the paint.
I'd swap ya a brand new in the box 7900 for that old relic.

Andy
Thanks, but I think I may hang on to this for a while yet.
I agree...Great work Ed.
Thanks JJ, Some of them parts look familiar? Off the top of my head... I know the clutch cover, brake handle and all the brake parts were from you. :cheers:

JacobJ

I agree...Great work Ed.

Also- Lawrence, thank you for posting that Pioneer and IEL info on mediafire, it's a huge help. :)

JJ,I can't take the credit for posting the Pioneer stuff to that site.It was Chris that did it!Myself and the others emailed him the material, and he placed it on mediafire.I still have stuff to add and I think some others on here may have some information also.It has been a great to be invlved and should help a lot of fellas out.
Lawrence

Latest posts

Back