019T oil leak!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AngelofDarkness

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
A friend of mine had me look at his 019T, he said the other morning he went to get it and it leaked all the oil out, and it had not leaked any before. Sounds like the tank cracked in half or a big hole developed somehow.

So I tried to take it apart but theres these funny Torx screws that none of my Torx heads will fit, the holes they are recessed in are too narrow, is there a special tool for it or do I just need to grab some narrow Torx wrenches from AutoZone.

I told him to 5hitcan the thing and buy an Echo, he told me to shut up and fix his saw.

019T LOLOLOL I wish you luck.... get a service manual and follow it very carefully... real PITA saw to work on...

A "standard" T27 will fit... buy one at your stihl or echo dealer.

Last edited:
A friend of mine had me look at his 019T, he said the other morning he went to get it and it leaked all the oil out, and it had not leaked any before. Sounds like the tank cracked in half or a big hole developed somehow.

So I tried to take it apart but theres these funny Torx screws that none of my Torx heads will fit, the holes they are recessed in are too narrow, is there a special tool for it or do I just need to grab some narrow Torx wrenches from AutoZone.

I told him to 5hitcan the thing and buy an Echo, he told me to shut up and fix his saw.
you just keep finding the best saws dont you.

na... The saw actually works very well.... and like the 192.. use it professionally like a 200T... and it will not last as long...

Last edited:
I'll see him today and I'll let him know I need a special Torx wrench to get the ****** thing apart, although I would prefer a sledgehammer, and I don't want to spend any money at my waste of buttwipe Stihl dealer, who is also the Echo dealer :(

I'll see him today and I'll let him know I need a special Torx wrench to get the ****** thing apart, although I would prefer a sledgehammer, and I don't want to spend any money at my waste of buttwipe Stihl dealer, who is also the Echo dealer :(

"Waste of Buttwipe?" Do tell. What does that term have to do with chainsaws, except that perhaps the trees from which said "butt wipe" is produced are likely felled with chainsaws, which are likely to be Stihls (Über Alles), which may well have been sold by your favorite Stihl/Echo dealer. So.......he can waste all the "butt wipe" he wants to, if he so chooses, because without him and folks like him, we wood be using corncobs, and the itch is nigh unbearable for mere mortals like myself................:greenchainsaw:

Last edited:
"Waste of Buttwipe?" Do tell. What does that term have to do with chainsaws, except that perhaps the trees from which said "butt wipe" is produced are likely felled with chainsaws, which are likely to be Stihls (Über Alles), which may well have been sold by your favorite Stihl/Echo dealer. So.......he can waste all the "butt wipe" he wants to, if he so chooses, because without him and folks like him, we wood be using corncobs, and the itch is nigh unbearable for mere mortals like myself................:greenchainsaw:

He is a waste of buttwipe who does not deserve the Charmin extra soft he wipes his ass with. While my Husky dealer, on the other hand, is immortal and walks on water, he is truly more than human.

He is a waste of buttwipe who does not deserve the Charmin extra soft he wipes his ass with. While my Husky dealer, on the other hand, is immortal and walks on water, he is truly more than human.

Groan..... I had to ask......
However, if we had to rely on orange saws alone, we wood be using corncobs!:biggrinbounce2: :sword:

Ther's nothing special about the torx wrench... yours are just crude fat versions!

Back