019T oil leak!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ha lmao. iv never worked on one so i cant spec on that. but im sure id give it a go.

Everything is possible to fix, but... time x shop rate is a bit?h.

A simple carb kitting can take an hour... :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

Luckily there are so few around here we don't have to deal with them often, and... when the owners fall over at our "quote", we tell them to sell it on Craigslist or ebay! Won't even trade them in... usually...

Everything is possible to fix, but... time x shop rate is a bit?h.

A simple carb kitting can take an hour... :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

Luckily there are so few around here we don't have to deal with them often, and... when the owners fall over at our "quote", we tell them to sell it on Craigslist or ebay! Won't even trade them in... usually...

wow ya that sounds pretty bad. what is stihls labor rate? just curious and does it change per regien like car dealers?

The place I works at is $60 an hour - cheap for out here....

wow thats nuts. im sure its fair but just comparing it to my shop it sounds insane. my ford dealership only charges 85 an hr. but then again its the first one i ever worked for that chaged that low

not trying to bash you dude but how can you confidently work on saws and not have the tools to do so?

I never said I really know what I am doing. I just got into this stuff less than a year ago, and I am acquiring tools as I need them, mostly now all I have are some basic tools and refrigeration stuff I never use. Heck, half the time I am working on saws on my kitchen counter!

I never said I really know what I am doing. I just got into this stuff less than a year ago, and I am acquiring tools as I need them, mostly now all I have are some basic tools and refrigeration stuff I never use. Heck, half the time I am working on saws on my kitchen counter!

wow. you got some hard times coming. if you plan on doing alot of this your gonna need to get some tools and fast. i lucked out and bought a tool box full of tools from a local stihl guy that was retiring. got all the kewl little gadgets.

wow. you got some hard times coming. if you plan on doing alot of this your gonna need to get some tools and fast. i lucked out and bought a tool box full of tools from a local stihl guy that was retiring. got all the kewl little gadgets.

i'm workin on it a bit at a time. I still have no clue how to tune a carb. right, or I am doing something wrong, I keep screwing them up.

i'm workin on it a bit at a time. I still have no clue how to tune a carb. right, or I am doing something wrong, I keep screwing them up.

seriously you should seek some help from someone that knows them. you can easily trash and engine with a non properly tuned carb

seriously you should seek some help from someone that knows them. you can easily trash and engine with a non properly tuned carb

When I get one running I always error on the side of too rich, especially on the high side. My problem is more that I can't get anything to run well at all after I mess with the carb, my XL ran better with the old gaskets in the carb, with the new kit it runs terrible!

So anyway, once he gets the f***ing thing apart, how hard is it to replace the oil tank? I assume its no good from the way he described the problem. I only looked at the saw for maybe 5 minutes.

I told him to look at the Solo trim saw, it looks like a real winner to me.

So anyway, once he gets the f***ing thing apart, how hard is it to replace the oil tank? I assume its no good from the way he described the problem. I only looked at the saw for maybe 5 minutes.

I told him to look at the Solo trim saw, it looks like a real winner to me.

That part is easy.

Get a service manual... ask nice and maybe someone will email you one!;)

Latest posts

Back