346 xpg - New Edition

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They have arrived in California, just saw one at my saw shop. E-tech/CAT. $479USD

No e-tech/cat on mine, would have stayed away if it was.......:clap: :clap:

I have been thinking about buying a new 346 for a while to have a better saw then my little 136, & now I'm really interested in the new version, but am I understanding right it'll be an e-tech in the states?
Way to go sawtroll on your new purchase, thanks for keeping us informed.

I think you should buy a new saw once a month to do an evalualion for us:hmm3grin2orange:

I have been thinking about buying a new 346 for a while to have a better saw then my little 136, & now I'm really interested in the new version, but am I understanding right it'll be an e-tech in the states?

I think you should buy a new saw once a month to do an evalualion for us:hmm3grin2orange:

Yes it will have the cat, and sales of the old muffler will no doubt go up accordingly. Like Lake said, kind of a muffler tax. A good gesture might be to offer the muffler at cost at the time of purchase.

They must all be hiding behind chinese laundry's out here then! :monkey: but... it's a big state...

The reality here is that a fairly high percentage of Jonsered dealers are small "out of the house" operations. In some cases they are the really good ole' time saw shops most of you guys wish were still around. But often as not they are just a guy doing some small engine repairs and selling a few saws.

Having Jonsered also gives a small guy, who could never get Husky, access to the great many internal parts that are common to both lines. That would be a big help in servicing the Huskys that are much more likely to show up at his shop vs. Jonsereds.

Some of these part time guys do decent work, and there are a few that we try to help out. But they all spend so much time, (and gas), chasing parts! Combined with the fact that they already are working cheaper than the full time shops, I sometimes wonder why they bother.

Yes it will have the cat, and sales of the old muffler will no doubt go up accordingly. Like Lake said, kind of a muffler tax. A good gesture might be to offer the muffler at cost at the time of purchase.

Well are you? to the guys lined up waiting for the new 50cc. I can think of 2 from here ;)

That would be a nice thing to do for sure and would help the sale for the ones that know about the different mufflers.

Nothing really wrong with the old version either, and it is abit lighter - but again, watch out for E-tech ones......

Howdy,
I didn't know these were in such great demand. We've been shipping them for awhile and nobody that has one, has said anything one way or the other about them on performance. I've got about a dozen left at $409.95 with an 18" bar and chain. I talked to our vendor and it might be awhile before some more head accross the water. Our Item number is HU 346XP 18.
Gregg

Last edited:
Howdy,
I didn't know these were in such great demand. We've been shipping them for awhile and nobody that has one, has said anything one way or the other about them on performance. I've got about a dozen left at $449.95 with an 18" bar and chain. I talked to our vendor and it might be awhile before some more head accross the water. Our Item number is HU 346XP 18.
Gregg

Sorry to say, that item number seem to refer to the "old" 346 on your web-site - the linked part list look like it is for the old version......

...and the pic on the web-site show the old version, as well...

Last edited:
Our website isn't real time. At best it's part time. If you're trying to infer that I don't know what we're selling, you're lurking under the wrong bridge. There's people out there that we shipped them to already.

Our website isn't real time. At best it's part time. If you're trying to infer that I don't know what we're selling, you're lurking under the wrong bridge. There's people out there that we shipped them to already.

Just what I expected to "hear" - I don't doubt you, but that site needs to be updated - doesn't it???? :yoyo: :yoyo:

I agree with you totally on our site. If I had time to do it all I would certainly try. Anymore, my days are measured by what I don't get done. I'll make it a priority build a fire under someone to get this straight on the site. They keep telling me our new site is going to be awesome compared to what we have now. Real time sales, real time stock check, and alot other new goodies.
Gregg

I have some pics of the new one ready, but I have no resize program on this computer, so I am not able to post them - any ideas????

I am really stupid conserning computer issues......:dizzy:

More in my "gate" - that saw does much better with 21LP than with 95VP - 25RSC probably is even better, but I don't have any so far......

Last edited:
I have some pics of the new one ready, but I have no resize program on this computer, so I am not able to post them - any ideas????

I am really stupid conserning computer issues......:dizzy:

More in my "gate" - that saw does much better with 21LP than with 95VP - 25RSC probably is even better, but I don't have any so far......

There are numerous freeware picture resizing programs out there. If your not able to find one shout, and we'll point you to a few to choose from.

Why would Husky introduce a new displacement saw into the market WITHOUT a model number change??????????? or even to add a letter to the 346 nameplate.. So down the logroad a few years when a cust says he needs parts for a 346 who knows what saw he will have????

Scott

Latest posts

Back