361 vs 041 (fit between 066M & 026 Pro)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even so, I'd have to believe it would have more hp. Remember hp is derived from torque. If the rpm is the same and torque is more, then hp must be also.

How do the 038 and 038M2 compare in hp? They are 61 and 72cc too right?

But at that rpm the hp is still higher. Even if peak hp is the same, the average hp is greater.

Not necessarily..... move your torque point down - more torque at less rpm - it can be the same hp number. At the top end, for all we know the torque at 10,500 is the same for both saws, which would make the HP the same at that rpm. Peak Hp will be at a lower rpm, but not necessarily coincidental with peak torque. If we had torque and hp curves verses rpm for both saws, it would be easy to see what is going on.

Not necessarily..... move your torque point down - more torque at less rpm - it can be the same hp number. At the top end, for all we know the torque at 10,500 is the same for both saws, which would make the HP the same at that rpm. Peak Hp will be at a lower rpm, but not necessarily coincidental with peak torque. If we had torque and hp curves verses rpm for both saws, it would be easy to see what is going on.

I realize that peak hp may be the same, but not likely. You have to assume that even if the peak torque is at a lower rpm it still makes more at the higher rpm than the smaller engine did. I'd bet anything that the Super has more area under the curve.

If torque is greater at a measured rpm, then hp is also.

Example with made up numbers:

5,000rpm x 5lb.ft./5252=4.76hp

5,000rpm x 4lb.ft./5252=3.81hp

7,500rpm x 5lb.ft./5252=7.14hp

7,500rpm x 4lb.ft./5252=5.71hp

After re-reading Lake's post I realize we may be arguing over something we agree on.....or something like that.

It's lost in translation somewhere.:givebeer: :cheers:

Back