395xp & 2-372xp’s for some cutting and splitting

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Socalmisfit

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Went over to a local firewood guy and cut and split wood for him today. He runs stihl saws since there is no local husky dealers here. Got to run a 461 and a 661 they are fun saws but that 661 is a close second to my 395, anyways. He said he had some husqvarna’s in the shed that needed work so I said I would trade for the day. Here is a pic of what I came home with. I can’t wait to make them run, might even have one of the 372’s ported just to see the difference. All in all I’m happy with the trade, all have compression and are complete so it’s just digging in and seeing what is up with them. The cord is sticking out a little on the 395 and 1 of the 372’s needs a cord but I can get 1 going for now and order whatever I need for the other.

Attachments

• 73588720-3D2C-4C88-91CF-BFDD6D143F67.jpeg
    73588720-3D2C-4C88-91CF-BFDD6D143F67.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 63
I've been looking for a cheap 372 for years.....one came up last week ($300 but I figured to get it maybe for $250), and I drove 2.5 hrs for it but the guy sold it out from under me. I did get 6 Husky 350's from him so my feelings weren't hurt to much! Great score!

I've been looking for a cheap 372 for years.....one came up last week ($300 but I figured to get it maybe for $250), and I drove 2.5 hrs for it but the guy sold it out from under me. I did get 6 Husky 350's from him so my feelings weren't hurt to much! Great score!
I’ve also been looking around me and these dudes want upward of 600$. It’s nuts, I’ve never run one but I can’t wait to bet a bar and chain and start.

Affectionately posted by someone who is a little jealous... As am I!
There's a whole "you suck" thread dedicated to acquisitions like these
Ahhhhh, I couldn’t believe it when we pulled them out. Here’s the dinger, I got the 395 and 1 of the 372’s fired last night. I guess when u pay someone to work for you and the saw stops working it just goes in the don’t work pile. The 372 had a clogged fuel filter and the 395 exhaust was loose I’ll make a YouTube video tonight when I get home and post it here.

Double sucks, got 2 372 saws lol
1 got fired last night, the other wouldn’t rotate all the way. I took off the cylinder and there was a piece of metal stopping it. I pulled out the little piece of metal and everything goes just fine. It needs a few parts but I think it should up and running as soon as the parts come in. I don’t understand how the metal got in there unless it came in through the intake when someone was messing with the carb, I don’t know.

1 got fired last night, the other wouldn’t rotate all the way. I took off the cylinder and there was a piece of metal stopping it. I pulled out the little piece of metal and everything goes just fine. It needs a few parts but I think it should up and running as soon as the parts come in. I don’t understand how the metal got in there unless it came in through the intake when someone was messing with the carb, I don’t know.
Try to identify the piece of metal. It could be part of a bearing cage. Inspect the bearings carefully, because it can still run and let loose other bits of metal, and do more damage

Try to identify the piece of metal. It could be part of a bearing cage. Inspect the bearings carefully, because it can still run and let loose other bits of metal, and do more damage
I was thinking that too but I don’t see where the piece could come out of the bearing on the crankshaft and not have any signs of it. I will check everything thoroughly before it goes back together. But just by looking it looks like it got in there somehow since the carb is off.

IMG_20210107_213637.jpgHusky's version of a recoil for fixing threaded case. That pin looks too big to be a bearing roller to me, I also doubt one would bend like that (especially not without doing some serious damage to whatever bent it). Not sure what it could be but my money is on it having fallen in due to the absence of a carb

View attachment 880758Husky's version of a recoil for fixing threaded case. That pin looks too big to be a bearing roller to me, I also doubt one would bend like that (especially not without doing some serious damage to whatever bent it). Not sure what it could be but my money is on it having fallen in due to the absence of a carb
Where do you get those coils at? I was thinking the same thing, too big for the needles on the crank bearing, and I would see where it came out, it would be wrecked. Also no signs of it being in the top or going down a transfer. That would be a mess.

Where do you get those coils at? I was thinking the same thing, too big for the needles on the crank bearing, and I would see where it came out, it would be wrecked. Also no signs of it being in the top or going down a transfer. That would be a mess.
Screenshot_20210108-220912~2.png
I acquired a couple a while ago, no packaging or anything but I've since seen them referenced as a repair part in a workshop manual. I think the image is it but can't be sure

Latest posts

Back