40cc pro saw king

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

40cc pro saw king

• STIHL ms241c

Votes: 30 47.6%
  • Husqvarna 543xp

Votes: 13 20.6%
  • Makita ea 4300

Votes: 11 17.5%
  • Jonsereds cs2245

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Echo cs4510

Votes: 8 12.7%

• Total voters
I didn't vote, since I'm not a full time professional, or have experience with more than one of these saws. But if I had to pick I'd go for the MS241CM.

Didn't know that meant I had an inflated ego though. I just thought I liked chainsaws.

What's your professional opinion....about the saws?
241c wise choice !

Well, this little guy feels left out...(ECHO 390ESX AKA Shindaiwa 390SX)

168407033.9mrHvgLP.jpg

Only just got her to test out and carve with. I'll give a review once she's settled in.

Husqvarna killed the 40cc class 6 year ago when they introduced 550.
The only two things a 40cc saw has left is fuel economic and some of them is a tad more compact compared against a modern 50cc saw.

The 40cc class is not really a pro saw class for most of it's sales. Even Stihl dealers complain they can't sell 241's when there's 261's and 550's and 501SX's out there. Most folks looking for a 40cc saw want light and affordable. And if they have a bit less power, they are OK with it because it's not meant to be a powerful saw. But it IS meant to be an affordable saw, which neither the MS241, 550XP or 545, or MS261 are for most land owners and carvers.

Equal or superior to a STIHL 241c ? Do tell
There are3 locals to me that use Stihl 241c for their fire wood cutting & I cut more wood with an Oleo Mac 244f it could be down to more knowledge (Full time occupation ) sharper chain, better chain oiling ,But please keep taking the powders it leaves more saws for the great unwashed non brain washed :blob2::blob2::blob2:

There are3 locals to me that use Stihl 241c for their fire wood cutting & I cut more wood with an Oleo Mac 244f it could be down to more knowledge (Full time occupation ) sharper chain, better chain oiling ,But please keep taking the powders it leaves more saws for the great unwashed non brain washed :blob2::blob2::blob2:
Never used an Oleo MAC 244 but I doubt it can outcut this pocket rocket ported 241c !!! If u have vid of saw cutting like to see it lol !

Only info I could find on oleo-Mac 244 is acressite ... it’s not even 40cc ; sez 38cc made in Italy from ???

What kind of money do you have in that little saw,I bet it’s over $900 unless you ported it yourself.little 420 Dolmar would be right there with it for $250 less
Let see the video of the 420 and I’ll be the judge of that !

Latest posts

Back