40cc pro saw king

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

40cc pro saw king

• STIHL ms241c

Votes: 30 47.6%
  • Husqvarna 543xp

Votes: 13 20.6%
  • Makita ea 4300

Votes: 11 17.5%
  • Jonsereds cs2245

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Echo cs4510

Votes: 8 12.7%

• Total voters
Let see the video of the 420 and I’ll be the judge of that !

Uh... you mostly documented someone's legs.

The 241 is quick, but it's not worth the price. I have one before me on it's second carb and it's acting up again. I'd never buy one. The only thing taking the sting out of this is I got it in trade for port work. If I paid $500 for it, I would be rather upset, especially since I think that money is better spent on a 261.

The 241 is quick, but it's not worth the price. I have one before me on it's second carb and it's acting up again. I'd never buy one. The only thing taking the sting out of this is I got it in trade for port work. If I paid $500 for it, I would be rather upset, especially since I think that money is better spent on a 261.
Maybe not worth to you ? Consider that others may have different perspectives ... I have 2 of em and I have a 261 c in the mighty-mite class ... I prefer the 241 c for 14” and under wood ... it makes me lotsa bread man and at 9.9lbs is no problem to run all day ... Ya got the speed of a 362 in a lightweight fuel-efficient package ... Sorry to hear of carb troubles - The 2 I own have been nothing but good to me and I “wood” buy another in a heartbeat!

I want to buy an extra 16" OEM bar for my MS-241 C-M. Checked various places on-line and the price was close to, or well over $50.00. Mostly well over that price. Some included shipping, some not so much.

I then called my local Ace Hardware and asked for a price. $40.00 + tax. They have them on order and will be in Wednesday.

It is when you can get it for about $316.00 brand-new.

I want to buy an extra 16" OEM bar for my MS-241 C-M. Checked various places on-line and the price was close to, or well over $50.00. Mostly well over that price. Some included shipping, some not so much.

I then called my local Ace Hardware and asked for a price. $40.00 + tax. They have them on order and will be in Wednesday.

It is when you can get it for about $316.00 brand-new.
Credit card kickback ? — A new one here runs $539.95 + tax so close to $600 ... If you don’t have work to justify $600 then buy a homeowner or farm and ranch saw instead ... I think a lot of people should just go back to the axe and 2-man crosscut saw like back in the day ... heavens knows they “wood” most likely have less time to complain (and sleep slot better too !)

Credit card kickback ? — A new one here runs $539.95 + tax so close to $600 ... If you don’t have work to justify $600 then buy a homeowner or farm and ranch saw instead ... I think a lot of people should just go back to the axe and 2-man crosscut saw like back in the day ... heavens knows they “wood” most likely have less time to complain (and sleep slot better too !)

Yes......credit card kick back and 10% off DSRP by the dealer.

The 40cc class is not really a pro saw class for most of it's sales. Even Stihl dealers complain they can't sell 241's when there's 261's and 550's and 501SX's out there. Most folks looking for a 40cc saw want light and affordable. And if they have a bit less power, they are OK with it because it's not meant to be a powerful saw. But it IS meant to be an affordable saw, which neither the MS241, 550XP or 545, or MS261 are for most land owners and carvers.
they don't flip many 40cc where I live, it cost close to what a 50cc pro saw cost.
The weight difference between a modern 50cc saw to a 40cc saw isnt much anymore, it was easier to sell one expensive 40cc back in the 90's due the weight difference.

Never used an Oleo MAC 244 but I doubt it can outcut this pocket rocket ported 241c !!! If u have vid of saw cutting like to see it lol !

Thats a no contest your saw is NON STANDARD & if as you say it's such a "Whizz kid" why does it require porting ?The F model of the 244 was offered as a lightweight way above home owner grade saw I don't have video' i'm afraid I rely on face to face pi^^ing sorry cutting sessions with locals most who earn a living with their saws etc.

Thats a no contest your saw is NON STANDARD & if as you say it's such a "Whizz kid" why does it require porting ?The F model of the 244 was offered as a lightweight way above home owner grade saw I don't have video' i'm afraid I rely on face to face pi^^ing sorry cutting sessions with locals most who earn a living with their saws etc.
You don’t run ported saws ? and use a saw to make $ ......? Oh you poor thing ...

You don’t run ported saws ? and use a saw to make $ ......? Oh you poor thing ...
We don't make money with saws ported or other wise it's the 2 funny tracked metal lumps that fall, limb, debark, & cut the logs to size the wood lumps With out getting wet if it's raining heated cab & not knee deep in mud when it's ****** underfoot from my view seated on the air sprung seat in a warm cab it's the poor bugger running the ported Stihl out in the weather that qualifies as the "Oh,you poor thing " Haven't always been like that served my time since 1958 falling skylineing grappeling etc but comes the march of progress old chap I 'll see if i can get some "piccies" of todays cut stacked road side not sure of the amount at the moment but guess getting in the region of 2,000/2,500 cubic metres cut to metre lengths.thats what produces the cash for us at any rate

We don't make money with saws ported or other wise it's the 2 funny tracked metal lumps that fall, limb, debark, & cut the logs to size the wood lumps With out getting wet if it's raining heated cab & not knee deep in mud when it's ****** underfoot from my view seated on the air sprung seat in a warm cab it's the poor bugger running the ported Stihl out in the weather that qualifies as the "Oh,you poor thing " Haven't always been like that served my time since 1958 falling skylineing grappeling etc but comes the march of progress old chap I 'll see if i can get some "piccies" of todays cut stacked road side not sure of the amount at the moment but guess getting in the region of 2,000/2,500 cubic metres cut to metre lengths.thats what produces the cash for us at any rate
Yah , don’t have the 750,000 + For a feller-buncher ... besides the this thread is about saws baby ... SAWS !

The Dolmar 420/421 and Makita 4300 are the same basic pro grade saw, Carl Miller builds a very nasty version, if you run one you will be impressed, I bought my son a new 421 and removed the muffler restriction, literally take 3 bolts out and replace the cover. I PD less then $300.00 new, I do like the 241 a lot also, but just can't justify the price difference on a 40cc saw. If the 241 were priced more competitively they would sell a boat load of them.

Yah , don’t have the 750,000 + For a feller-buncher ... besides the this thread is about saws baby ... SAWS !
Agreed but you are are the one that brought up the :blob2: part regarding the inability of trying to make money with a std saw I pointed out we don't rely on ported or otherwise saws to make commercial logging money Are you a multi guy company or a 1/2 guy unit? & is this your main earner

they don't flip many 40cc where I live, it cost close to what a 50cc pro saw cost.
The weight difference between a modern 50cc saw to a 40cc saw isnt much anymore, it was easier to sell one expensive 40cc back in the 90's due the weight difference.

I was gonna do some yammering, but I'll just leave this here:

https://iseforestandgarden.stihl-de...-ie-58/chainsaws-and-telescopic-pole-pruners/

Stihl's official MSRP:
MSRP Ireland: €958(whatever)
MSRP in Germany: €849
MSRP France:€ 765

We have one more guy locally, but his prices are even higher than ISE. You can negotiate a bit, and I have seen them do 10%. Those prices usually include a B&C, too.
He did quote me €1,100 on a new 462CM, though due to factory initiatives. I told him to tell me when the non MTronic version comes out. UK Stihl dealers don't seem to want to step on Irish dealer's toes. Dunno if it's policy though. So hard to import from anywhere else really.

I really like my Dolmar 420 in stock form...it beats the snot out of the 543XP. Why do you want to tell me how well it does ported Dustin???
Never had the pleasure of running a 241.

Hi Tor R, how’s it going

The Dolmar 420/421 and Makita 4300 are the same basic pro grade saw, Carl Miller builds a very nasty version, if you run one you will be impressed, I bought my son a new 421 and removed the muffler restriction, literally take 3 bolts out and replace the cover. I PD less then $300.00 new, I do like the 241 a lot also, but just can't justify the price difference on a 40cc saw. If the 241 were priced more competitively they would sell a boat load of them.
And Dustin, if you talk to guys that have actually ran a 421 and a 241 and their not biased. You will hear that they are extremely close, if any difference at all!
Making the 421 even more appealing.
In my opinion kind of two different 40cc animals one is a limber the other a bucker.

Latest posts

Back