441 stihl opinion

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never run the 575 but handled one in the husky store with 20" bar, felt really good and balanced very nicely :heart:

I am not partial to any brand :ices_rofl:

fishhuntcutwood said:
Nothing's stopping Husky owners from giving the 575 positive feedback, but how many 575 threads do you see?

That's because the Husky owners are all out working, instead of jawing here on AS.

attachment.php

attachment.php

(Says the guy who can't afford but would love to have either one! :D)

_
_

_
_

_
_

SawTroll said:
If Tom had been a Husky dealer, he would surely have done it....:yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo:

Hey, wait a minute...he ain't no Dolmar dealer and got a 5100s...and has said he's got nuthin' against Husky's anyhow...

Of course the 5100s has been highly recommended by satisfied owners which does set it apart from the 575's.

But he stihl took a chance on the 441...

fishhuntcutwood said:
Ahh yes....THAT was my point.

Let's start a "Hurrah for the 575!" thread and see how far it goes.:monkey:

I think it's inherited :jester: status in 441 threads...

I suspect a 575 thread would soon be dominated by 441's...which, incidentally, I hear are FINE saws by those who've run 'em! :ices_rofl:

I still haven't gotten my dealer to get one in...but in time he will have to!

wagonwheeler said:
I think it's inherited :jester: status in 441 threads...

I suspect a 575 thread would soon be dominated by 441's...which, incidentally, I hear are FINE saws by those who've run 'em! :ices_rofl:

I still haven't gotten my dealer to get one in...but in time he will have to!
Isn't the 441 mostly a copy of the 575 anyway, with a slight Sthl design touch on the outside......:yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo:

....sorry, just had to say it. :greenchainsaw: :cheers:

re:BostonBull
t-stumpin

Not sure what part of NY you are in but if its close to the MA border and you want to try out the 441 and get a good deal on it check us out on saturday...all are welcome.

http://arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=35507

I'm from the snow ravaged parts of Western New York. The last 2 foot snow fall we had (a few weeks ago) came at a bad time. In some parts, we lost 50% or more of the tree canopy. 2 feet of snow in one day isn't unusual around here, but the leaves usually aren't on the trees to catch it. Inevitably the trees can't support that weight.

441 sounds like a great saw. Thanks for info, links, and humor...

fishhuntcutwood said:
So why haven't we seen any threads about how good it is? I'm sure someone has to like it in stock form.

That's my point precisely.
Because Stihl's Golden Boys are infinitely easier to provoke. :jester:

The 575 was no improvement over the 372, because Husky already had superior anti vibe and air filtration. Stihl merely updated to common modern design features, and hence the Stihl boys don't notice the decrease in power to weight. Ha ha.

fishhuntcutwood said:
My dealer got one in a couple of weeks ago. Haven't run it yet, but with a 440 full wrap in one hand, and a 441 full wrap in the other, you can't tell the difference.
I once knew a man who seemed to think 12 inches was 4 inches. He couldn't tell the difference, but his girl sure could. :biggrinbounce2:

spacemule said:
.... The 575 was no improvement over the 372, because Husky already had superior anti vibe and air filtration. Stihl merely updated to common modern design features, and hence the Stihl boys don't notice the decrease in power to weight. Ha ha.
Right on, that should have been posted in the "Da Prince" tread.......:rockn: :rockn: :yoyo: :yoyo:

SawTroll said:
Isn't the 441 mostly a copy of the 575 anyway, with a slight Sthl design touch on the outside......:yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo:
....sorry, just had to say it. :greenchainsaw: :cheers:

575 + marketing = 441 => Profit :hmm3grin2orange:

372 - clue = 575 => Still not No. 1 Chainsaw Maker :ices_rofl:

wagonwheeler said:
575 + marketing = 441 => Profit :hmm3grin2orange:

372 - clue = 575 => Still not No. 1 Chainsaw Maker :ices_rofl:
And Lamborghini makes fewer cars than both Chevy and Ford, so they're still not number one. Now, which manufacturer's car would you rather have? :hmm3grin2orange:

spacemule said:
And Lamborghini makes fewer cars than both Chevy and Ford, so they're still not number one. Now, which manufacturer's car would you rather have? :hmm3grin2orange:

I'd rather have a Gremlin than a 575! That is what you were asking wasn't it? :laugh:

If I was forced to own a Lamborghini it would be an LMA! Gotta have seats for the kids!

attachment.php

Baseball player at Georgia Tech had one while I was in school there...:angry:

spacemule said:
Stihl merely updated to common modern design features, and hence the Stihl boys don't notice the decrease in power to weight. Ha ha.

Stihl copied the 575 blind, but found a couple of hidden lead weights to get rid of so they could make more money!

Back