441 stihl opinion

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
THALL10326 said:
Well Space your point tends to say you must have a saw to mention. Do you have a saw you would like to discuss?, all ears here!!!
Nothing current. I run a 394 Husky and an 034 Stihl. They're both good saws.

bwalker said:
The problem with these threads is that many times the people offering oppinions are too blinded by brand loyalty, pride or inexpierance that their oppinions are worthless.
A guy I talked to that piece cuts claims the 441 cant hold a candle to his 440. I dunno if he is full of **** or not, but I will say that when going romt he 372 to the 575 Husky had nowhere to go, but down. Conversley Stihl going fromt he 440 to the 441 had nowhere to go, but up.
BTW Its pretty childish to make excuses for a particular saw by bringing up the short comings of another brands model. Both Husky and Stihl make POS saws.

Hey Ben long time no see. I see your point somewhat above but makes no nevermind to me, I like it and thats that. Hell Ben I went and bought a Dolmar. Great little saw. I know your no fan of them either. Ben do you like any saw other than the 372??

THALL10326 said:
Hey Ben long time no see. I see your point somewhat above but makes no nevermind to me, I like it and thats that. Hell Ben I went and bought a Dolmar. Great little saw. I know your no fan of them either. Ben do you like any saw other than the 372??
That depends on which one he owns at the moment. :popcorn:

Pretty soon the EPA boys will be looking for one of these to pass the saws.........
image.php

I like the 660, 440, 357, 346 to mention a few.
I might be able to be talked inot a 5100, but there is no longer a dealer in my area. My problems with Dolmar hasto do with the company and its distribution network and their unwillingness to fix known problems. The saws them selves are pretty darn good minus a few fubars.

spacemule said:
Nothing current. I run a 394 Husky and an 034 Stihl. They're both good saws.

Awwwwwwwwww ok. I was wondering if you was a saw user or just stirring the pot. The 441 is a good saw too Space, I know, cause just like you and your 394/034, I own one. The saws we like and own are always good saws aren't they,LOL

That depends on which one he owns at the moment.
That matters not. I have said the 260 was a clunker for some time and owned one untill this spring. I have also said the 390 is a clunker and I still own one.
I call a spade a spade unlike some people.:popcorn:

bwalker said:
I like the 660, 440, 357, 346 to mention a few.
I might be able to be talked inot a 5100, but there is no longer a dealer in my area. My problems with Dolmar hasto do with the company and its distribution network and their unwillingness to fix known problems. The saws them selves are pretty darn good minus a few fubars.

Well thats odd you mention the dealer problem about the Dolmar Ben. I got no issues to speak of with Huskies products. I take great issue with the way they slapped their dealers though and sorta toldem to kiss off and went Sears and Lowes and the net. I find it odd you don't take issue with them over that. I had a customer tell me today he could buy anything Husky over the net and beat any dealer price. I said yup and is the net going to repair that saw if it needs work. He said no, I'll take it to the dealer, I said good luck. Hopefully he'll take it to Spikes place and be told take it back where you bought it. See that bull right there is why there are no Huskies in the shed. The saws may be great but like you Ben, I have issues with the way they undercut their own dealers.

spacemule said:
That depends on which one he owns at the moment. :popcorn:

If I owned a 395 and a 034 at the moment they would be great wouldn't they, wonder why,hehehe

ShoerFast said:
This system, however cool it may seem, is all-most caught up to a 1974 FI Caddie, but about a light year behind a 77 Chrysler Lean-burn system, putting it what, 30 years now.

Saws never had them, as they never needed them, till now.

We seen this before!
Care to elaborate? What's wrong with not having to ever adjust a carb, always having the correct fuel mix no matter the rpm, thereby having instant throttle repsonse and decreased emissions?

bwalker said:
That matters not. I have said the 260 was a clunker for some time and owned one untill this spring. I have also said the 390 is a clunker and I still own one.
I call a spade a spade unlike some people.:popcorn:

Awww I see. Sorry Ben I still can't buy a 372 from a company that is a spade to its own dealers, thats pure fact, no arguing to it. You may like a spade more than you admit but I don't..

bwalker said:
The problem with these threads is that many times the people offering oppinions are too blinded by brand loyalty, pride or inexpierance that their oppinions are worthless.
A guy I talked to that piece cuts claims the 441 cant hold a candle to his 440. I dunno if he is full of **** or not, but I will say that when going romt he 372 to the 575 Husky had nowhere to go, but down. Conversley Stihl going fromt he 440 to the 441 had nowhere to go, but up.
BTW Its pretty childish to make excuses for a particular saw by bringing up the short comings of another brands model. Both Husky and Stihl make POS saws.

We run the 575s every day!! the 372s set home.The 575 has more power and is a lot smoother. But what do we know. You call a spade a spade??? I see you are still in camp terd.HaHaHaHa

Rick

spacemule said:
Care to elaborate? What's wrong with not having to ever adjust a carb, always having the correct fuel mix no matter the rpm, thereby having instant throttle repsonse and decreased emissions?

There is no problem with it, but it is not toy airplane technology, if for a second you think that they haven't thought of it built it and it is collecting dust somewhere at Stihl your behind the times. In fact it has been mentioned many times before here.

There is a very good chance that the carb Lake mentioned will have processor / power module running off of a coil in the flywheel, an O2 , cylinder temp. ambient air temp, barometric pressure (after the filter), crankcase pressure, engine speed and low fuel sensors, all wighting just a few ounces.

If my cristial ball is not to foggy today, it is my guess that there going to meter the carbs fuel via back pressure on the primary (fuel pump) diaphragm, no?

Edit: shooting from the hip, and got me foot,,,,, the back pressure would need to be on the secondary diaphragm, back pressure to rich, pressure to lean.

Last edited:
Well thats odd you mention the dealer problem about the Dolmar Ben.
To have a problem with a dealer you have to have a delaer. There isnt one in my area despite being one of the most intensivly logged areas in MI.
I got no issues to speak of with Huskies products. I take great issue with the way they slapped their dealers though and sorta toldem to kiss off and went Sears and Lowes and the net. I find it odd you don't take issue with them over that. .
Why should I give a shat how Husky sells their product? They make good products at a good price and thats enough for me.
I had a customer tell me today he could buy anything Husky over the net and beat any dealer price. I said yup and is the net going to repair that saw if it needs work. He said no, I'll take it to the dealer, I said good luck. Hopefully he'll take it to Spikes place and be told take it back where you bought it. See that bull right there is why there are no Huskies in the shed. The saws may be great but like you Ben, I have issues with the way they undercut their own dealers
Service isnt of any use to me as I service my own saws. A chain saw is a very simple device.
I would also question the sanity of a delaer turning away service work as thats where they butter their bread.
In short buying a saw isnt dealer wellfare for me.
BTW both the local Husky guys are a little pissed that Husky has been trying to get them to carry their entire line, but neither has complained about net sales or box store sales. Besides the only saws sold by Home depot are POS saws anyway.

One other hting. if you dont think E commerce is the wave of the future you have your head in the sand. Stihl will eventually be forced to compete in this area and the Ludite stihl dealers will be left holding the bag.

HELSEL

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These might not be in the right order.

Morgantown 1rst
Chardon O. 1rst ,2nd 3rd 4rth
Flatwoods 1rst, 2nd, 3rd
Webster 1rst, 2nd, 3rd---Phill holds the record there at 4.20
Snowshoe 1rst, 2nd, 3rd, 4rth
St Marrys 1rst, 2nd, 3rd, 4rth
Luther 1rst, 2nd, 3rd, 4rth
Kingwood 1rst, 2nd, 3rd, 4rth
Logging Congress 1rst, 2nd---Phill broke the record there
Elkins 1rst,2nd----- Bill Cogar broke the record there
Paul Bunyon 1rst, 2nd----Jay broke the record there

The wins I have listed were all made with Cliff Helsel saws. That is just some of the shows.From the 2006 season. Like I said what do we know.

Rick

bwalker said:
To have a problem with a dealer you have to have a delaer. There isnt one in my area despite being one of the most intensivly logged areas in MI.

Why should I give a shat how Husky sells their product? They make good products at a good price and thats enough for me.

Service isnt of any use to me as I service my own saws. A chain saw is a very simple device.
I would also question the sanity of a delaer turning away service work as thats where they butter their bread.
In short buying a saw isnt dealer wellfare for me.
BTW both the local Husky guys are a little pissed that Husky has been trying to get them to carry their entire line, but neither has complained about net sales or box store sales. Besides the only saws sold by Home depot are POS saws anyway.
If service is not an issue, why do you care if there are no dealers? Dolmar is just a phone call away.

Latest posts

Back