441 stihl opinion

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How about a better , better mouse-trap?

attachment.php

Anyone think this will replace pistons, or will we be cutting our wood with lazers before then?

ShoerFast said:
How about a better , better mouse-trap?

attachment.php

Anyone think this will replace pistons, or will we be cutting our wood with lazers before then?

Only if it passes EPA/EU!!!!

to answer your question, there won't be any wood left to cut! Chainsaws will just be used in competition [by old guys] to cut recycled "engineered wood"...:laugh: The audience will sit in an enviromental bubble so they won't be harmed by the hydrocarbons. The Lawyer's will all sit in another bubble..

Lakeside53 said:
I also dug into the weight issues, and I assume the 575/441 have similar reasons.. It's an accumulation of increases throughout the basic engine. The piston is a lot bulkier and consequently heavier, and this drove the need for stronger (heavier) crankcases and other components... Several components a few ounces more here and there, and you have your overall increase from the 440. One day I'll have one in enough pieces to weigh everything, just for fun..
I believe that is very close to the truth! :cheers:

Btw, the 575 and 570 are the first saws that weighted less than stated by the manufacturer, when tested by KWF/DLG.....

If the 441 weights as stated (and pro Stihls usually do), the difference between the 575 and 441 is just .1 kg......

Last edited:
Well I almost had a chance to check out a 441 today...but my dealer sold it 3 hrs before I got there. :mad:

They only had one and it only lasted couple of days.

Chaser

I'd guess that that Stihl is paying Redmax for the TS700/800 (it's almost the same stratocharge design as Redmax) but that neither Husky or Stihl are paying for the 575 or 441. It's for sure that Husky got a stihl 441 as soon as it became available, and the same for Stihl getting a 575.. haven't heard of any lawsuit between the two yet.
I wouldnt be so certain that Stihl didnt enter a licensing agreement for the 441 technology. I base this on the fact that the piston and cylinder layout looks verymuch like a redmax 8000. Also, last time I checked Stihl didnt have much, if any patent activity related to two strokes going on within the last few years.
The TS 700 uses the old, antiquated first generation Redmax design. This design is at least 10 years old.

We run the 575s every day!! the 372s set home.The 575 has more power and is a lot smoother. But what do we know. You call a spade a spade??? I see you are still in camp terd.HaHaHaHa

Rick
Glad your happy with the 575's, Rick. You guys might be one of the few as most of the loggers who have ran them up hear dont have much good to say about them.
BTW I am still running Ed's woodsaws and have been very happy with his work.
I could care less about saw racing or race saws.

441 oil pump...

Dug up another intersting factoid that stihl didn't directly tell us...

The 441 has a high output oil pump, but as with the 460, ONLY in the full wrap model!! Sorry East coast...

Why? - it uses the MS460 oil pump..

Std model: 6-17cc/min @10,000 rpm
Wrap: 6-24cc/min @10,000 rpm

And yes, like with the 066, you can swap out the pump piston and adjuster screw.

bwalker said:
Glad your happy with the 575's, Rick. You guys might be one of the few as most of the loggers who have ran them up hear dont have much good to say about them.

Benny i am glad you dont care about race saws.Because the Logging Congress is back in Michigan this year and the last thing I want to see is
brown snotty nose sniffing around there.

BTW Eds own built saws have never won a big race.They are only good for back yard BBQs!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rick

Lakeside53 said:
Dug up another intersting factoid that stihl didn't directly tell us...

The 441 has a high output oil pump, but as with the 460, ONLY in the full wrap model!! Sorry East coast...

Why? - it uses the MS460 oil pump..

Std model: 6-17cc/min @10,000 rpm
Wrap: 6-24cc/min @10,000 rpm

And yes, like with the 066, you can swap out the pump piston and adjuster screw.

My 441 has a high output oil pump, it pumps a high output of oil,LOLOL.
My 441 has full wrap too, my hands,LOLOLOL
My 441 is a star coast to coast,HAHAHAHA

All kidding aside the oiler is one of the best things on my 441, it dumps oil. The bar has yet to lose a spot of paint from heat. Besides Lake if you have 17 anything more would be a waste,hehehehehe

bwalker said:

Ben you say you don't like race saws.Why do you have a woods port saw??
I have a 2171 a 7900 and a 575 that are 100% stock.That I would gladly race your woodsport 372 with.and the same goes for you Rich. So why don't you guys wipe the brown off your nose and step up to the plate.

I think if we put the pair of you guys in a sack and shook it up all that would come out is bunch of chicken feathers and a lot of BS. So Ditto that!!!!!

Rick

Why do you have a woods port saw??
Cause I like yto muder trees ASAP and I like messing around with mod motors.
I find it odd that someone who vicariously lives through someone else to accuse others of brown noseing.:hmm3grin2orange:
BTW I bet I can pee farther than you and my dad will kick your dads azz.....

HELSEL said:
I think if we put the pair of you guys in a sack and shook it up all that would come out is bunch of chicken feathers and a lot of BS. So Ditto that!!!!!

Rick

You are prolly right..............but as I feel the same way toward you I think that makes us even!!!:notrolls2:

Latest posts

Back