550XP vs MS362

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't seen that information on any of my screens. Just fuel settings represented by numbers. Don't know what the numbers are but my guess is we see what the numbers are and in the process of service, any major changes in the numbers can help with a diagnosis. Perhaps a future version may have that info.

The higher the number the higher the energy content in the fuel and better fuel consumption.

The higher the number the higher the energy content in the fuel and better fuel consumption.

I figured the higher the number the higher the flow, similar to richening the mixture as a need for more fuel. Good to know the true meaning.
So if you see low numbers would that indicate a poor quality fuel or mix?

I figured the higher the number the higher the flow, similar to richening the mixture as a need for more fuel. Good to know the true meaning.
So if you see low numbers would that indicate a poor quality fuel or mix?

Invariably yes it would, the historic setting helps to show any consistancy in the fuel, ideally if one wanted to dial in the settings they would strive the have the number in the 80-90 range of the scale, which is within the optimal range.

I put some runtime on the 550 this afternoon. The carb definately has to be replaced. It had to be tried though. One of the risks of boring out a carb is run-on, where it doesn't want to come back down to idle. It's dangerous the way it is. It's not a matter of the carb "learning" either. It simply needs replaced. No big deal. On the flip side, the saw seams to have really picked up some RPMs with the lates strato port timing chainges and the runtime to settle the carb in.

[video=youtube_share;4Of_0ZNGeLA]http://youtu.be/4Of_0ZNGeLA[/video]

I guess you took one for the team Brad. I dont have the guts to cut on a new carb yet. Dull chain or not that 550 was still bustin' through those logs pretty quick! Have you tached yours in the wood? It sounds like it is well up there. I was thinking, a while back the only 50cc saw people wanted to talk about on here was the Dolmar 5100. I know that the 550XP is the flavor of the month, but I really see it turning into chocolate. The go to saw in the 50 category that will re-write the books. Even though you are going to replace the carb, what do you think vs. your 346?

Would you like to try one if these :)

eqytanyr.jpg

I guess you took one for the team Brad. I dont have the guts to cut on a new carb yet. Dull chain or not that 550 was still bustin' through those logs pretty quick! Have you tached yours in the wood? It sounds like it is well up there. I was thinking, a while back the only 50cc saw people wanted to talk about on here was the Dolmar 5100. I know that the 550XP is the flavor of the month, but I really see it turning into chocolate. The go to saw in the 50 category that will re-write the books. Even though you are going to replace the carb, what do you think vs. your 346?
Sometimes you win, sometimes you don't. I risked having to replace the topend on the 261 when I gutted the intake like I did. That risk really paid off well. Someone with more carb experience might be able to bring this carb back. I will definitely try Andre's suggestion.

Hum, this could get interesting, what about the control unit? I will guess that has to be matched with the coil and whatnot.
Brad has the micro, if it mounts we may learn something. The software ability really interests me.
Ears perking up.......

I have three.....just say in.

Words can not portray how anxious I am for auto tune tech school.

Cool. Believe I still have a box with your addy.

You will see details on the results too.

I really enjoy that way we all share results and info. I don't miss the days when the builders were all about cutting each others throats. If Brad hadn't took the plunge on the 261 we would all most likely still be wondering where the gains were in that saw.

I was just wondering if the 550's control unit would sync up with the 550, I doubt. Hopefully the 550's unit can.

If the the micro mounts, the software sold figure it out....eventually lol. The fuel map is set but the system is all learning. I have seen it compensate some serious air leaks, leading me to believe its range is sufficient.

You will see details on the results too.

I really enjoy that way we all share results and info. I don't miss the days when the builders were all about cutting each others throats. If Brad hadn't took the plunge on the 261 we would all most likely still be wondering where the gains were in that saw.

Agree 110%. Learned many a trick from the builders here and pass any knowledge I can contribute. Some day I'll learn enough to pick up a grinder thingy :rock:

Latest posts

Back