Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a chance to sound a 562 on Friday and cut few trees with it. The saw had a 2' bar. I was impressed how fast the thing speeds up. I think there was something funny with the autotune, though. I'd say it was running lean. The saw kept coughing after few minutes idle. Also it sounded like it went four stroke when pushing it hard in the back cut. I guess you can get the autotune re-tuned as well at the dealer's?

The balance when limbing was excellent. I suppose that's what the huskies are all about. A bit plastic feeling, but I enjoyed the weight.

Seduced, but not convinced yet.

I have quite a bit of time on mine, and I really miss it when I'm using another saw. Does not have the low end power of the 576 or 372, but it's not far behind. The av system is far better than the 372. I wasn't crazy about the outboard clutch at first, because you have to take it off to change the rim sprocket, but it's very easy to remove bring the piston up to compression take a screwdriver and hit it with a hammer that's it.There are notches in the clutch for the screwdriver. Had a little trouble starting it at times, but that was more me learning to use the bulb. Oil pump got loose and took the pump drive gear out and I broke a rear av mount the mounts are smaller than on the 576 and 372, so they won't take as much abuse the rear mount has a limiter on it which helps.Mounts are very easy to change. I like the power, weight, slim design, and how smooth it is to run. The 562 will loose speed when your about to run out of fuel my 576a/t will just quit when it's out of fuel, and the 372 will lean out and rev up when it's near empty.

Excellent thread, great pics and beautiful timber. Keep the pics coming, maybe a video as well.cheers.

That load with 4 tiers looks pretty darn good. Do you have pretty good luck dealing with mills north of the border?

That load with 4 tiers looks pretty darn good. Do you have pretty good luck dealing with mills north of the border?

That 4 tier load had 7300 bd ft. The hard wood mills I deal with have been good,some of the pine mills have a short stick. There use to be 6 mills in the county and our logs didn't travel more thn 30 miles, now there is one mill left and 90% of our logs go to Canada.

everything in those pictures looks very well done. great to see. that frozen ground sure helps keep things neat clean and tidy, haven't had any of that here. sorry to hear about all the mill shut downs. I once visited a friend in Orange, wonderful country.

great thread

I've read with interest your comments and pictures.My experiences are from 30 years in the clearing business(feller bunchers,grapple skidders,whole tree chippers.)Your comments prompted me to buy a 562 xp and send to Tn. for some "Monkey business."It is refreshing to read firsthand comments from other loggers.The "my brother-in-laws 361 will out cut my sisters 362 with only one tank through it" get old. I've been out of my clearing business(Timber Harvesters Equipment Corp) for 15 years but still stay busy slinging a chainsaw.Smaller stout saws are much appreciated at age 60.Stay safe.Keep the job pics coming.

everything in those pictures looks very well done. great to see. that frozen ground sure helps keep things neat clean and tidy, haven't had any of that here. sorry to hear about all the mill shut downs. I once visited a friend in Orange, wonderful country.

Orange is about an hour and change northeast of me. Use to go there quite often to get parts for my handset mill from Chase Machinery.

I've read with interest your comments and pictures.My experiences are from 30 years in the clearing business(feller bunchers,grapple skidders,whole tree chippers.)Your comments prompted me to buy a 562 xp and send to Tn. for some "Monkey business."It is refreshing to read firsthand comments from other loggers.The "my brother-in-laws 361 will out cut my sisters 362 with only one tank through it" get old. I've been out of my clearing business(Timber Harvesters Equipment Corp) for 15 years but still stay busy slinging a chainsaw.Smaller stout saws are much appreciated at age 60.Stay safe.Keep the job pics coming.

Did you run the 562 before you sent it out? Like to know how much you gained after it was ported.

Good thread mingo, lots of great pics. I got my first 562 in april and really liked it. After a few months clutch springs started to break and I would replace them and finally a shoe broke and got a new clutch and no more problems there. Muffler ended up cracking so go that replaced in september, I noticed a week ago its started to crack again. Thats one area I wish husky would beef up there mufflers, I've had problems with there mufflers on alot of models. Broke a few av springs on it. Thing runs like a top tho, im happy its only had those few problems since its ran 5-6 days a week. I ended buying another 562 a few months ago. Again great thread keep up the good work.

Pics is of a white ash I cut a few weeks ago with the 562View attachment 283294

Latest posts

Back