562xp dead after 1hr - what should I expect?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Two months in a good can was all I could be from the pump fuel around here without some type of running issue in a modern saw. The old iron with less compression was less affected. Now if you try to run winter blend above 75° good luck.
The non ethonal fuel they have around here is called rec gas. They sell it at stations near lake access areas. I don't believe they have a winter blend of rec gas. I add 1oz of seafoam to my mixed fuel and StaBil to the 4 cycle fuel. I use up the straight gas in about 2 months. The mixed gas sits around for a while before I get it all used up. No fuel related problems since the rec gas became available about 4 years ago.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Sorry.
I know that im selling the hell out of it and using it and there is no gloom and doom. Yall probably acted the same when they said to go from 16:1 castor oil to 32:1 2 stroke mix[emoji23][emoji23]. Times change...oil changes...technology advances, keep up

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

when you've graduated from tech to mechanic you may (or may not) get it.
Get what exactly? Ive only been doing this 16 years full time please enlighten me oh great one...

While I would never try 70:1, my limited experience with oil tells me there
is a night and day difference between various oils, and with the right conditions
one might survive on 70:1 for a while, such as light work and a huge flow of fuel
to the cylinder, it won’t protect a powerful loaded engine, bad advise in general,
better with too much oil than too little, until you figure out what is the right mix
for your current conditions.
So he is just wasting oil. Amsoil guys on here run 100:1. Good for them, I will pass.

I have run 5-year-old fuel (10% ETOH 50:1) in saws and it works just fine. If you are running syntenic oil and you mixed it right it is going to work. The oil is not going to evaporate. From what I know, all saws are pre-run at the factory. If it was doomed to fail, it would have done so.

One thing to keep in mind is some of these "high ratio" 2 stroke oils have a higher viscosity than what the other "50:1" oils have. This allows them to call for a "leaner" mixture. They are diluted less by petroleum solvents in the bottle. This is the reason why they aren't suitable for oil injection use.

How does that translate to lubrication on case and rod bearings?
Its present, has the normal little accumulation in the crankcase after shutdown. Plenty of lubrication to go around. I was hesitant at first to try it because id been indoctrinated...50:1 or lower was all that was save to run, its all id ever known. But..opti2 works.

Opti2 is probably the most commonly used oil after Stihl and Husqvarna around here. Years ago in Columbus it was hands down the most commonly used ever present oil, everybody sold it. The last used truck I bought had it in all the little storage places. The last saw shop clean out I did netted boxes of the little plastic bags of it, I ran most of it in the old diesels. Literally could not get away from Opti2.

Anyhoo, hope the dealer actually does their job. They need to do a lot better than, “Looks a little light.”.

If a saw isnt running right oil mix, brand, etc wont mean anything. Saw on 40:1 will burn up just like one in 70:1 if its lean

If a saw isnt running right oil mix, brand, etc wont mean anything. Saw on 40:1 will burn up just like one in 70:1 if its lean

We part company here Red. Yes both saws will burn down when to lean but the 40:1 will last a little while longer.

We part company here Red. Yes both saws will burn down when to lean but the 40:1 will last a little while longer.
I never said it wouldn't. But it still fails. Running lean puts more heat in the top end and bottom end than any oil can protect from. Adding oil to try and stretch a lean burning saw out isnt right

I know that im selling the hell out of it and using it and there is no gloom and doom. Yall probably acted the same when they said to go from 16:1 castor oil to 32:1 2 stroke mix[emoji23][emoji23]. Times change...oil changes...technology advances, keep up

Opti2 is old technology and only a semi synthetic. Quality of oil does not make up for quantity. Would you run an engine that requires four quarts of oil on one because the oil is high quality? That's exactly what you're doing.

No more oil discussion for the love of god, but please don't recommend oil ratios to others the will void warranties.

Latest posts

Back