562xp dead after 1hr - what should I expect?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was never a fan of Amsoil, felt like they were snake oil sellers. But then one of my customers brought me a Vanguard Vtwin that showed 2100 hours on the clock...one of his employees had changed the oil for him and forgot to tighten the drain. He had made a couple passes before he saw the oil on the grass and shut it down. It had always had Amsoil in it. He asked me to break it down and see what was salvageable. He noted where it was shut down there was no oil on the ground.

I got into it and the rings were middle of spec, there was skirt scuffing but not alot, bores were fine...Vanguards had very hard liners. Mains and rods had normal signs of use and wear but no smearing. I put a new set of rings in it because i was there and new seals...sent it back out. Since then i became an Amsoil retailer and use it in my personal vehicles for all the fluids. Is it the best oil? I don't know..but i like that for the most part they stick with a good product and not trying to use fancy words and gimmicks like "advanced platinum nano protection"[emoji23]...

That said, i don't push the stuff on people but its wayy cheaper to get if you are a dealer or retailer.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

I'm not going to tell anyone they are wrong about what or how much oil they are using, what works for you works for you.

Me personally, for the insignificant amount of oil a saw or other small 2 stroke uses, I can not see the argument to see how little oil you can get away with using. You can bank on 32:1 or 40:1 providing plenty of lubrication, even with a conventional oil. Maybe it's a little more than you need, but it's there if you are working something hard

The only 2 strokes I ever burned down were due to lean fuel to air ratio.

Dropped by the dealer today. They said the gas obviously had oil in it but the tint looked mixed light. Hard to imagine how when I only use a 2 gal can and just dump 2 X 2.6 oz bottles of oil when I fill it up. (My 2245 seems not to mind the same gas at all.) Dealer said they went to bat for me with Husqvarna, but husky was having none of it.

They did offer me a good faith price on a new saw. I can’t put up with downtime right now. So I think I’ll buy a 572 powerhead and put a new top end on this 562 on my own time.

If you know you have fresh fuel with the right amount of oil I wouldn’t be so quick to take their “good deal” on another saw.
They owe you a rebuild or a new saw on their dime.
They have been putting out defective saws for years. Whether it be bad carburetors (what are we on the 4th or 5th generation on the 562?) or bad transfer cover seals on the 1st gen 550xp, Husky has been throwing their client base under the bus for years.
They make great running saws, when they are right, for sure, but the defects and poor customer service after the sale is ruining the company.

They make great running saws, when they are right, for sure, but the defects and poor customer service after the sale is ruining the company.
I am in no way disagreeing with what you said about their issues but despite all of that, they seem to being selling pretty well. Dolmar put the screws to their dealers and forced out all of the smaller folks from their already meager dealer network. Echo has almost no dealer exposure. Mom and pop Stihl shops are getting fewer and further between and good luck buying a Stihl from a JD dealer. But you can get a Husky from just about anywhere now.

I am in no way disagreeing with what you said about their issues but despite all of that, they seem to being selling pretty well. Dolmar put the screws to their dealers and forced out all of the smaller folks from their already meager dealer network. Echo has almost no dealer exposure. Mom and pop Stihl shops are getting fewer and further between and good luck buying a Stihl from a JD dealer. But you can get a Husky from just about anywhere now.
In this area Echo is really big, especially with blowers and trimmers, several good local dealers. It just depends so what's in one's area.[emoji111]

In this area Echo is really big, especially with blowers and trimmers, several good local dealers. It just depends so what's in one's area.[emoji111]
I got an Echo PS 2620 trimmer that takes attachements a few years ago, and I love the thing. I have the paddle sweeper and high-torque trimmer attachments, it's a beast and incredibly fuel efficient.

I got an Echo PS 2620 trimmer that takes attachements a few years ago, and I love the thing. I have the paddle sweeper and high-torque trimmer attachments, it's a beast and incredibly fuel efficient.
Echo makes fine equipment and usually cheaper with a 5yr warranty to boot. My 2007 srm210 got a new ring this spring and its back to work as usual. Mud daubers had encased my cylinder in mud and i didnt know...ran it a good while and it lost power, engine was HOT. Pulled the cover and saw all the mud. Ring had little wear but no tension at all...piston looked new. Love their stuff, its not the most powerful but dead tough and reliable.

I have been happy with every piece of Echo equipment I have touched. Other than being tuned painfully lean from the factory, no complaints.

I have a never been started 600P in my garage. Debating whether I should run it stock for a while or just put it under the knife.

I only show 2 dealers in a 100 mile radius not counting a couple of big box locations. Even Duluth with over 200K of population in the greater metro only has one dealer.

I only show 2 dealers in a 100 mile radius not counting a couple of big box locations. Even Duluth with over 200K of metro population only has one dealer.
Yeah just depends, and the Cincinnati area has over 2 million and that doesn't include Dayton or other near by towns and cities. I have an Echo dealer within walking distance and a three within 20 minutes. Now Stihl is a different story I can count eight within 20 miles. And zero Husqvarna dealers that actually have anything in stock. Well Lowe's lol.

For S and G I checked Stihl . 3 dealers from the same chain of hardware stores. 4 others in a 100 mile radius, 2 of which were a rental center that also sells Stihl. Only one place where you could buy a saw and actually talk to the owner of the store.

I have been happy with every piece of Echo equipment I have touched. Other than being tuned painfully lean from the factory, no complaints.

I have a never been started 600P in my garage. Debating whether I should run it stock for a while or just put it under the knife.
Very..very lean. Id at least tune it...

Latest posts

Back