85-90cc picture thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sir what is the orange cover on recoil for and black cover over carb and cylinder cover area? I am guessing for cutting in really cold and snow a lot?

Yes it is the winter kit for thees saws ,cold weather and deep snow.

Bonden wheres your piped orange?

It is not finished yet but this its what it looks like now.

muffler007.jpg

sweet.
thats an orange 064 piped running mixed nitro

Arrowhead - great vintage saw. I think a lot of the good old saws will still be making chips when many of the screaming high speed piston ported units have been laid to rest.

That said, the 066 is sure handy if you have to make more than a few cuts in a log laying on the ground.

Mark

Ya but I can't lug one of those old, slow and heavy saws threw the woods all day.

Nice saws there guys, but I have to say those short bars on those big saws just crack me up! :cheers:

Whats the point?

Just about that bad is this CS-900EVL that I got and it came with a 20" bar. Thing is the saw head is longer then the 20" bar. It won't be on it for long. If all I need is a 20" bar I have much lighter saws that will run a 20" just as well if not better.

attachment.php

Not meaning to offend but that looks like a square box with a handle and bar on it.

It is a square box with a handle and bar. :laugh:

Nice saws there guys, but I have to say those short bars on those big saws just crack me up! :cheers:

Whats the point?

Just about that bad is this CS-900EVL that I got and it came with a 20" bar. Thing is the saw head is longer then the 20" bar. It won't be on it for long. If all I need is a 20" bar I have much lighter saws that will run a 20" just as well if not better.

attachment.php

Speed.....

:cheers:

A 028 is probably not the best to use in that example!

Put a 18" bar on a 361 and also on the 660. In 18" wood the 660 wouldnt be worth the extra weight to me.

Fair enough, When I'm cutting small wood I use a smaller saw, 660 is for the big oak usually 30"+. If I'm cutting 20" wood and the 660 has a 20" its faster then my other saws in the same wood. Maybe if I had a newer saw like a 362 it would make more seance? My 039 is a good saw but has been sitting more lately, 028 Is a good small saw with 16".

I like having power when I need it and don't mind using my 660 all day if the wood is big enough.

Fair enough, When I'm cutting small wood I use a smaller saw, 660 is for the big oak usually 30"+. If I'm cutting 20" wood and the 660 has a 20" its faster then my other saws in the same wood. Maybe if I had a newer saw like a 362 it would make more seance? My 039 is a good saw but has been sitting more lately, 028 Is a good small saw with 16".

I like having power when I need it and don't mind using my 660 all day if the wood is big enough.

Thats fair enough also.

I will bet you that if you tried to run that 900 echo all day with a 20" bar you will change your mind about it .

Heres my reliable old beast. The 066 is by far my favorite saw, I just ran a tank through her today on a beech that the wind broke a couple weeks ago. Got the west coast clutch cover for cristmas, now I got to pick up a wrap handle to put on.

100_1862.jpg

I know ya said 85-90cc but I couldnt resist throwing a pic of the 880 in, I'd say it falls into the big saw catagory too :cheers:

StihlSaws035.jpg

Back