A thousand clients....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Handsaw. I doubt I'll carry a chainsaw, it's just too delicate out there. Since I have a ground guy, I can have a chainsaw sent up when needed. That's a new option!

Tomorrow, PU Climber gets to be the camera man.

I'm really, really looking forward to working as a team with others passionate about trees.

What kind of handsaw do you use and do you use the leg scabbard or the traditional belt scabbard. I'm looking forward to working with and to learn as much as I can from you. Everyone seems to have good things to say about you so far on here and to build the business that you have there has to be something about the way you work that has impressed your clients.

boo: TM I hope you know I agree that you get 1st pick here, I have no desire to step on any toes, particularly, yours.

TM: Hwaaaahht???

Hey PU, what's production climbing like? Is that where you have to get a certain amount done in a certain time? Ick.

At The Tree Machine (jeez, now that I almost have one employee I sound like a company)...sorry.

At The Tree Machine we do custom-quality treecare. Custom, as in every tree we take care of, we attempt to give it the absolute most care that we can give it. With enthusiasm. With love.

Last edited:
PUclimber said:
What kind of handsaw do you use and do you use the leg scabbard or the traditional belt scabbard.
Folding Silkys with prototype attachment hardware. Two 300's and a 360mm. Click here to view a simple slideshow of some of the folding saws.

I will try any saw I can get my hands on, but I've figgered out how to get a folding saw to open-proof itself, and be hangable off a biner, at the same time. I'll share that with you if you wanna see.

PUclimber said:
I'm looking forward to working with and to learn as much as I can from you.
You're not going to learn much in 6 or 7 hours. You'll watch a dude go do something that should just be done from a bucket. That's no-man's land. That's just CrAYzee. I'm really glad you can be there.

PUclimber said:
Everyone seems to have good things to say about you so far on here and to build the business that you have there has to be something about the way you work that has impressed your clients.
PU, I treat my clients fairly, offer quality service, professionally and with a smile. It really not a magic formula. Exceed their expectations. You wanna know the biggest sercret of all????

Have fun!
That is the secret to success. The more fun you have, the more successful you can be. You go out and have a blast, and bring home pocketfuls of money.

Being a treeguy is a very priveleged occupation. Very few people get to have fun and get paid for it.

Last edited:
Well as far as production climbing i'm talking about about being in the tree with a chainsaw cutting. I've done a lot of so called recreational climbing. I do like the views though about it's about having fun and enjoying what you do. Well watching someone do some crazy stuff I'm sure will be interesting.

WOW, brewpub, college girls, sporting goods (gun)shop, good location and all the information you can handle, awsum customer base and starting at $15.00 @ Hr +++. Hey PU, if I were you, I'd show up an hour early with all your gear ready to start work and a case of "BRADOR" for your new boss/mentor ;) !!! I've only just met TM this past fall and am posative that he IS a man of his word and will take very good care of you beyond your imagination. This is a huge thing he's doing and very impressive. Not the kind of opportunity that comes along every day. Take advantage of his kindness and learn from him but never take advantage of the man...he's to well respected around here. ...and well find ya,:laugh: :laugh: ! HC ps-Hi Jim

TM,
It was great working with you yesterday and I hope to do it again. Nick if you choose to make it down then you're a very lucky guy. The area is fantastic, there's a lot of fantastic big trees. Plus Nick if you want to introduce some college ladies around Indy just let me know I have friends at most of the local colleges there and they all have friends. Plus the brew pub is the place to go for great beer.

Great time for me, too. Sure wish the time-lapse would have turned out. We proved that there's not a no-man's-land too far out for a Silky. I'm glad you got to be part of a job where we had to stretttcccchhhh and pull a few advanced tricks out of the bag.

I'm glad you could stay for dinner and bevereges. On this map that I posted earlier, I put a BP on it and nobody asked what it was. Here's The mysterious 'BP' which is the location of the BrewPub, one of the better 'eateries' in the village.

I can't get enough of that beer. It was soo good. I can't wait to get back to the brew pub. Thanks again for dinner. It was fantastic.

Jeez TM,

How about hiring a PSU student with an ISA Cert. and a Pest. Appl. license? :laugh:

Did I mention that I am the youngest Cert. Arborist in PA?;)

Is your current boss not paying you $15 and hour and buying you lunch on Friday?

If you're really looking, you would be heading up the Emerald Ash Borer SWAT team. I respect the Certified Arborist accreditation and the fact that you did it so young speaks volumes about your incentive and direction. Good on you. Are you ugly or are you pretty? We will need to speak to the press. I'm not much of a camera guy unless I'm on rope. The Emerald Ash Borer issue here in Central Indiana needs to be addressed with both the public, and the trees.

If you're really looking for work, The Tree Machine (the business, not me) is getting a complete shakedown, top to bottom. What that will eventually look like, I really don't know, but I'm open to all options. If you're open to a new opportunity, 288, shoot straight and speak your intent.

As far as PU Climber, we worked together for a day, which in my world is equivalent to a very thorough and exhausting job interview.

After the workday, yes, we did have fermented beverege and talked about PU's goals and how he see's his near future. It turns out his best girl will be doing a Summer job at Indianapolis' Channel 13 news. She had asked PU if he mebbe might wanna move to Indy for the Summer.....

.... earth rumbles.... planets aligning.... "So PU, what do YOU want to do? "I'd like to move to Indy for the Summer if I could find a job."

(Planets move into direct alignment, Venus eclipses Mars)

"You're hired."

Wasn't that easy? I thought interviewing would be work.

PU will be coming down to work on Wednesdays (except for finals week) and when his Junior year comes to a close, he'll come on full time to work with Nick and I. Both will be treated as apprentices (teaching all aspects of the business) and between the three of us, we can assure that two are always working together.

It looks like Nick is going to celebrate his birthday this weekend, enjoy a Superbowl Sunday with family and friends, gather up a truckload of his life and make his way down to Indy early this next week.

I thank Arboristsite for this emploment forum and for the unique way in which men can hook up with each other and together, work toward living their dreams.

Last edited:
The interview process was painless and i'm really excited about working with you and Nick. I was waiting on you to post the final word on the employment. My professor is getting a packet of information on the EAB for me to go through so I'll be prepared for the big bug work. I'll make copies of anything I can get to pass on to you. Things have worked out well though with the planets coming to be. I don't think things could've fallen into place much better. Looking forward to meeting Nick and working with him as well. My best girl was exciting when I showed up and told her the news. Lets just say it was a VERY good night.

Cool deal TM, you go from a solo operation to a 3 man crew in a few weeks. And the 2 you hire both young, eager to learn, and looking for work. Sure to be a few jealous glares looking at this forum from some company owners. I like the way you did it, put the offer and the $$ out there, tell them what they are expected to accomplish and the return, describe the area and the work involved, even set up the housing. Well done.
A much better deal than the typical help wanted call xxx -xxx-xxxx.
There is a lesson here if anyone is looking.
Best of luck to you and your new apprentices.
:)

Back