Ams-Oil 100:1 ?????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fairbanks Stump

iStumpgrinder
Reaction score
I had an amsoil broker come up to me at a home show yesterday and ask me if I wanted to save $. And then he went into this big speel about how I should use amsoil and mix it at 100:1 for all my saws and 2 stroke equipment ??¿?? Any good or bad stories on this?

66737d1239718289-edelbrock-rpm-cam-install-say-what.jpg

I have never used Amsoil so I have no opinion on it however I have been running Opti 2 at 100:1 for 15 years with great results. I used one mix in everything from weed whackers to the vibrating 090.

My experience, when Amsoil is mixed at ratios like 32:1 and stronger, it has a tendacy to form hard carbon which scratches to piston and plugs the exhaust port and muffler.

108493d1252546222-garygoo-jpg

This is what I've been using. Great stuff. Mix at 16-1. Breathing the fumes makes you one sexy guy.............just like Gary. Here's his pic below. See what he sez about all these oil threads that keep popping up in the chainsaw forum:

233619d1334448069-borat-jpg

you have some serious issues eccentric :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

40 or so years ago I'll bet a bunch of guys we're standing around talking about the new oils and how some would never trust 50:1 mix now the talk is centered around 100:1. That said I use Sthil ultra @ 50:1. I buy the mixes for 5 gal. and use a ratioright for 1 gal. It do make you wonder if the oil's have evolved again??

40 or so years ago I'll bet a bunch of guys we're standing around talking about the new oils and how some would never trust 50:1 mix now the talk is centered around 100:1. That said I use Sthil ultra @ 50:1. I buy the mixes for 5 gal. and use a ratioright for 1 gal. It do make you wonder if the oil's have evolved again??

I buy it in gallon jugs and mix 3oz to a gallon

I have been using amsoil interceptor oil, its jaso-fc rated, I buy it by the gallon for my sleds, it smells good when burned and it works out to be a much better deal than buying little premix bottles. I just keep a 2.6 ounce bottle around for measuring.

Andy, is there a big difference between using Bel-Ray H1R at 40:1 rather than 32:1? Thx man.
Or any high end oil like Klotz or Motul....

Back