Angry chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John D

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
After a week solid of cleaning up branches and downed trees with dad 55 rancher,i brought my ported 372xp yesterday to cut up one of the good sized trees that was down.All I can say is that saw is just plain MAD! It is angry at the world,I got used to the 55,and when i ran the 372,it just feels insane,the speed and RPM it cuts with it amazing.Iyou dont lean on it,it will bump the limiter in the wood!Unbelievable power this thing has....I gotta say thanks again Brad for the cylinder work....this saw rocks.

372's flat rock, now you see what all the fuss is about :)

Mine's stock and that's what all my friends say -"Man that thing is MAD at the wood!"

It describes it perfectly.

Ive had mine about 8 months,its had the ported cylinder about 6 months...I guess i just got used to it,and to be honest it had been feeling a little weak in the knees after running the 395 a lot over the winter...the 372 is faster than the 395,no doubt,as long as your in smaller wood,the 395 pulls much harder in big wood,and doesnt bog w 32" bar.It was just running the 55 for a week,and not the 395....i could appreciate the 372 again.....the chain speed is rediculous.....at 1/2 RPM it blows most saws away.My buddys got a bone stock MS440,he keeps telling me no husky has even been able cut with it,let alone beat it....he doesnt know mines ported.I watched him cut with it,and it runs well,but IMO,is no match for my warmed over 372 ,that was obvious just from watching him cut up 16" rounds.......gunna try to lure him into a few timed cuts,he he he!...lol....

The guy helping me clean up downed limbs today was joking with me,we had a few trees left,and he seemed to think just bringing the "angry chainsaw" next to the tree might be enough to scare the tree to just fall the rest of the way over on its own....LOL.

Last edited:
I am running a new strato 372xp,and I got to say I was a little dissapointed in the power,after running the ported 372xp,BUT after the 4th tank on the strato 372,its REALLY woke up....quite a bit...Im amazed at how much power its gained.I just ran them back to back,and the older ported saw is still faster,but not by as much as youd think....the new strato 372 rocks! OH yeah,a tank of fuel lasts SO much longer now....Im very impressed with the new strato 372,some people may not welcome the changes,but I think Husqvarna did a good thing,they kept the proven bottom end and changed only what they had to to comply with emissions regs...I cant wait to run another 4-5 tanks thru it and see if it gains even more.....:yoyo:

I'd have to say I agree... Those 372's can turn gas into sawdust in a big hurry. I run an 8 pin and 20" B&C on mine.... What a gem...

What impressed me the most with the 372 strato is the fuel economy and how much power its picked up since new.Ill admit at first I thought it was a little weaker than the old 372xp,After a few tanks I dont think thats the case at all,I think its every bit as strong,just needed a little more run in time...

Latest posts

Back