Another 562XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got a call that some of my new tools are in. Finally get a window into what is going on.....

Yep, except for the awkward handlebar angle, and a little extra plastic on the starter side. :blob2::blob2:

It's not awkward !.....it's straight!! (don't you like "straight"?:D i know i do!!) if people can't "handle" it!....well......... i don't know about more plastic? but normally jonsereds have less plastic on the starter side for better air intake than husky's! (for example 346 vs 2153) but you know best sawtroll!! so what do you think this more plastic would do to the balance? would it make the saw tip over on the side? or make the saw practical unusable ?

It's not awkward !.....it's straight!! (don't you like "straight"?:D i know i do!!) if people can't "handle" it!....well......... i don't know about more plastic? but normally jonsereds have less plastic on the starter side for better air intake than husky's! (for example 346 vs 2153) but you know best sawtroll!! so what do you think this more plastic would do to the balance? would it make the saw tip over on the side? or make the saw practical unusable ?

:laugh: This is close to splitting hairs, but the angled Husky handles does make the saws handle a little better (at least to me), specially when limbing. Imo, the Huskys offer a more natural grip in most cases.

Regarding the plastic, there are two layers on top of each other, on parts of the starter side of the red versions - for purely cosmetic reasons.

My comment was mainly a joke, with some element of truth in it! :msp_biggrin:

husky handles

:laugh: This is close to splitting hairs, but the angled Husky handles does make the saws handle a little better (at least to me), specially when limbing. Imo, the Huskys offer a more natural grip in most cases.

Regarding the plastic, there are two layers on top of each other, on parts of the starter side of the red versions - for purely cosmetic reasons.

My comment was mainly a joke, with some element of truth in it! :msp_biggrin:
I also like angle of husky handles ,limbing is real benefit.Also I do not own a j-red. Just huskys ! [so far]

The angle of the handle is just personal preference and what one is used to, but the higher starter housing of the Jonsered is a pain when replacing the cover.

But you cant beat the look of the Reds! Way cooler, kinda like the techlite bars.

Ran my 562XP this weekend and I was very impressed. Rev's good and held the rpm's in the wood awfully well I thought. I've got the 20" Techlite bar and I think the balance and handling is perfect. My buddy ran it an commented how responsive it was.

Well I got to run the 555 and 562 side by side both with new 20" stihl square ground chains. The 562 even new and making it on it's second tank was stronger than the muffler modded 555 every time. Maclaren will be on later with some videos. The 562 with a 20" techlite felt almost identical to the 555 and the 20" powermatch so weight is so close I wouldn't even consider the small mount for weight savings. Teh 562 has a little better throttle response also. I did throw him for a loop when we were timing cuts as I made some cuts with the 562 then picked up the xpw and cut. He said that can't be right:laugh:

Undetectable weight difference and a good solid power difference as well. For what it would take to get the 555 to run like the 562, I guess it's better to just spend a few bucks and buy the 562! :D Unless you're a builder and can really dig down deep for a little something extra, but why not start with the 562 and go from there :msp_thumbsup:

The angle of the handle is just personal preference and what one is used to, but the higher starter housing of the Jonsered is a pain when replacing the cover.

But you cant beat the look of the Reds! Way cooler, kinda like the techlite bars.

Bingo! One thing everyone seems to forget is that the angled forward handle will not work for any southpaws, so all those who are constantly squawking about "superior feel", etc... need to remember that they are only offering an opinion... nothing more.

Better feel and better handling is purely subjective.

And yes, I have to admit that those darn J-reds look pretty cool. :msp_smile:

I will never buy anything that is not dressed in orange and maybe someday I will have no joice but to add some gray

I will never buy anything that is not dressed in orange and maybe someday I will have no joice but to add some gray

Red and black......if the wife came to bed wearing orange and gray, i'd be thinking halloween with granny, pulling candies out of her dentures, besides the wife like a straight handle.

Red and black......if the wife came to bed wearing orange and gray, i'd be thinking halloween with granny, pulling candies out of her dentures, besides the wife like a straight handle.

love it :msp_thumbup: now theres good advice hamish , keep you handle strait

Last edited:
Back