Anyone tried/own STIHL SE122 shop vac?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K&L Landscaping

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Curious if anyone owns or has used a STIHL SE122 shop vac? I will mainly use it to vaccum out my vehicles on the weekends. I've had some of the POS Ridgid vacs and Shop-Vac and they just don't generate enough suction to please me.

Please, keep the Electrolux/Husqvarna replies to a minimum. :smile2:

Last edited:
If that was the case I would already own one! I want a vac that will dang near rip up the carpet in my vehicles.

I didn't know Stihl made one either. Do you have a link to it, I'm curious to see it anyways. I've had a 6.5hp craftsman that gets used at least twice a month to shop vac my truck and it has been great. I've had it for almost 8 years now and its still going as strong as ever.

We have one at the store for demo/store cleaning use.

All I can say is....ITS WORTH EVERY PENNY!!

Wet/Dry and baggable.

Bags are super heavy, not the paper **** they sell with the other vacs out there. Bags are $25 for 5, but again they are not "paper" bags.

One pass on the heavy traffic areas and they are clean, and we get a ton of mud.

Super quiet!

Hepa filters available.

Reverse flow button for blowing out the filter should you decide to not use the bags.

Bunch of attachments available, but not sure they are needed.

Wet/Dry and baggable.

Bags are super heavy, not the paper **** they sell with the other vacs out there. Bags are $25 for 5, but again they are not "paper" bags.

One pass on the heavy traffic areas and they are clean, and we get a ton of mud.

Super quiet!

Hepa filters available.

Reverse flow button for blowing out the filter should you decide to not use the bags.

Thanks for the reply! So, in your opinion, it's more than capable of sucking dirt out of vehicles? The closest car wash to me is about 15 minutes one way just to use a vaccum. It would be much more convenient to do it in my driveway.

Wet/Dry and baggable.

Super quiet!

Hepa filters available.

nothing on the web site about HEPA filters

what model you demo'ed

the attachments are the usually attachments nothing special

Last edited:
Oooo, Oooo, Oooo, Stihl makes vacuums and Husky doesn't!!!! Who'd a thunk it??

I'm sure they are very nice as is most things with the Stihl logo. But as is par for the course, you pay a premium. I would guess that a top of the line Shop-Vac is just as good.

nothing on the web site about HEPA filters

what model you demo'ed

the attachments are the usually attachments nothing special

The OP asked about the SE 122. We have the SE122.

This is the second one I have used. The first one was so nice that the previous owner of shop took it with him when he sold the business a month ago.

As I said before they are very quite!

Back