ATTENTION All STIHL DEALERS.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ironic!

some people say that Stihl Dealers are crooks and thieves when the talk about getting repairs and parts...

But in reality, they are just Folk trying to make a living and keeping fed.

It infuriates me that people will steal from others. :angry2:

and our legal system is no help either! The "System" contributes greatly to the problem... They definitely are NOT the answer.

Guys who steal should be shot and Pi$t on and not necessarily in that order.

just called the number on the craigslist. the guy claims he has a dealer that sells him saws at cost. and he is reselling them, he quoted me 535.00 on a 361/20". i dont know what a dealer would gain by doing that. other than volume,and risking the loss of the franchise.

some people say that Stihl Dealers are crooks and thieves when the talk about getting repairs and parts...

and our legal system is no help either! The "System" contributes greatly to the problem... They definitely are NOT the answer.

Stihl dealers usually are referred to as "Stealers" on here! :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Of course, that is just a joke, you are right! :agree2:

That don't sound right...

just called the number on the craigslist. the guy claims he has a dealer that sells him saws at cost. and he is reselling them, he quoted me 535.00 on a 361/20". i dont know what a dealer would gain by doing that. other than volume,and risking the loss of the franchise.

I agree.. something's wrong with his reply.

and how can he offer warranty?

call the dealer or police, have them call and meet the guy.

I agree.. something's wrong with his reply.

and how can he offer warranty?
pretty short conversation,he said,new saw in the box,20"b/c,warranty card with the dealer id number on it. is he ligit,maybe...is it right,definately not. call the number and check it out...

I do sleep on a bed made of 100$ bills it's not very comfortable but that's besides the point, that's how us Steal Dealers roll.

Hopefully the police, catch these scumbags, or even better if someone from AS gets them caught. Newspaper headline will read "Internet Chainsaw Collectors help thwart Crime Syndicate" :cheers:

I do sleep on a bed made of 100$ bills it's not very comfortable but that's besides the point, that's how us Steal Dealers roll.

Hopefully the police, catch these scumbags, or even better if someone from AS gets them caught. Newspaper headline will read "Internet Chainsaw Collectors help thwart Crime Syndicate" :cheers:

That would be cool.lol:clap:

At least you have a bed!

I have to sleep in cold hard gold slab.... I used to work for the federal gov't... and you know how overpaid we were! I just started taking my O/T in gold bullion.. easier to handle.

oh.. and try to exchange the $100's for used $10's and $20's... much softer.

WooHoo... wouldn't that be something! :clap::clap::clap:

Check this out???
http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/grd/1605780630.html

STIHL 025 CHAINSAW WITH A BRAND NEW STIHL MS250 FACTORY ENGINE RIGHT FROM STIHL. INCLUDES A BRAND NEW 18" STIHL BAR & CHAIN. SCRENCH, SCREWDRIVER, TOOL POUCH, AND BAR SCABBORD. THIS SAW IS PRACTICALLY BRAND NEW. OILER WORKS GREAT. CARBURETOR WAS ADJUSTED TO NEW ENGINE AND MAY REQUIRE FURTHER ADJUSTING AFTER THE ENGINE BREAKS IN OR TUNING TO YOUR ALTITUDE. NEW SPARK PLUG INSTALLED AND CURRENT AIR FILTER CLEANED. CLUTCH IS IN EXCELLENT CONDITION. SAW BODY HAS HAD LOW HOURS. PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THE BODY OF THIS SAW IS USED AND WILL HAVE SCRATCHES ON IT BUT LOOK AT THE PICTURES AS THEY SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS.

serious inquires only!!!!!!

Another one. All of sudden Craigs List has all these new stihls listed?
http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?p=2047131&posted=1#post2047131

Last edited:
pretty short conversation,he said,new saw in the box,20"b/c,warranty card with the dealer id number on it. is he ligit,maybe...is it right,definately not. call the number and check it out...

That sounds like a dealer going out of business, and trying to make some inlegit profit before he officially throw in the towel - but that is just a guess...:greenchainsaw:

If he missed last years numbers, he needs to hit X amount to get back to his old discount rate. As long as he's not shipping the saws, no chance at losing his dealership.

Check this out???
http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/grd/1605780630.html

STIHL 025 CHAINSAW WITH A BRAND NEW STIHL MS250 FACTORY ENGINE RIGHT FROM STIHL. INCLUDES A BRAND NEW 18" STIHL BAR & CHAIN. SCRENCH, SCREWDRIVER, TOOL POUCH, AND BAR SCABBORD. THIS SAW IS PRACTICALLY BRAND NEW. OILER WORKS GREAT. CARBURETOR WAS ADJUSTED TO NEW ENGINE AND MAY REQUIRE FURTHER ADJUSTING AFTER THE ENGINE BREAKS IN OR TUNING TO YOUR ALTITUDE. NEW SPARK PLUG INSTALLED AND CURRENT AIR FILTER CLEANED. CLUTCH IS IN EXCELLENT CONDITION. SAW BODY HAS HAD LOW HOURS. PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THE BODY OF THIS SAW IS USED AND WILL HAVE SCRATCHES ON IT BUT LOOK AT THE PICTURES AS THEY SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS.

serious inquires only!!!!!!

Another one. All of sudden Craigs List has all these new stihls listed?
http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?p=2047131&posted=1#post2047131

Was what I seen after my shop and several others got hit. On the other hand, those I responded to were pretty smart about getting alot of information before they would offer to meet up. Soon as they didn't like something, you never heard back.

Just wanted to comment how simply amazing it was to see someone posting that has a bunch of bright red Rep. :jawdrop:

Mr. HE:cool:

Back