ATTENTION All STIHL DEALERS.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys are thinking inside the box. Think how much they could get for that stuff internationally. Saws cost a lot more in other countries

There is a metric shed load of new Stihl kit on UK eBay at the moment. Search for Stihl and sort by highest price first. Loads of mid range trimmers and hedgecutters + consumer grade saws. The sellers look sort of legit, but they can't be because Stihl don't sell volume on eBay.

I was think the same thing, if they're smart everything is already shipped out of country.

Stihl dealers are regularly targeted over here. Most shops now are secured with concrete blocks in front of the shop window, or have their saws on display hooked with a big chain. A common practise is to bust the shop window with a stolen van; load the van in a few seconds, and haul buggy.

These burglars (gangs) are supposedly from eastern europe (romania, poland, ...)and sell the equipment over there.

my local stihl dealer was robbed last fall took everything they could grab that was worth money. i dont think they were ever caught, this economy is making people do crazy things

I don't get it, Stihlthedeere called everyone a homo, but he didn't murder anyone.

Jeez why are you suddenly so humble Stihlthedeere, its not like you actually hurt or cheated anyone here.?

sounds like these guys were pros, I'm sure they have covered their tracks been paid and spending the money by now, most of the time the people that actually do the break-ins are not gonna have the stuff long, they will most likely have a buyer for all the stuff before they do the job......

You know McKnights on Bessemer had the same thing happen in the last couple of years. They actually knocked a hole in the back of the brick building. May be a traveling Stihl theft sort of deal.

funny story along those lines.... a few of my friends played a joke and went out and stole a bunch of realator sighns and put them in my yard. tried to give them back to the people they belonged to. arranged to meet a lady at a local service station to give a sighn back, sheriff showed up, thought i stole them. i was not happy with my friends. lets say they wont do it again.

funny story along those lines.... a few of my friends played a joke and went out and stole a bunch of realator sighns and put them in my yard. tried to give them back to the people they belonged to. arranged to meet a lady at a local service station to give a sighn back, sheriff showed up, thought i stole them. i was not happy with my friends. lets say they wont do it again.

Did the cops make you rat on them?

and our legal system is no help either! The "System" contributes greatly to the problem... They definitely are NOT the answer.

Sometimes it seems like the system needs crime to justify the expansion of the system. Why do you think we have a "War on Drugs"?

:hmm3grin2orange: Sounds a bit like in the ol' days, when my Arty bty shot your trailers to pieces, when you and another culprit tried to smuggle those 441s over here! :cheers:

Artillery Battery? Either that wasn't very clear, or I'm slow. I was scratching my head over that one for a couple of minutes.

Last edited:

I would have lit the signs on fire in front of them if they tried to pull that crap.

Latest posts

Back