Been dying to buy a new saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look for a MS362, the newest 2016 model or a 562XP also a 2016 model. No left overs! Run a 20" bar on either and you will never look back!

There are 4 or 5 different dealers right here on this site that would take care of you just as well or better than that man down the street. Don't tell me you have stihl brand loyalty already?:dizzy:
I agree with finding the best price, but I also support buying local and creating a relationship with your local dealer.

...I find myself cutting down bigger and bigger trees and burying an 18 inch bar isn't safe.
Not safe, says who? An 18" bar on that small of a saw is a stretch but I wouldn't consider it unsafe. I have a 18" bar on my 2159 (60cc) and consider that a good size for that power. Once it gets ported it will wear a 20". There ain't nothing wrong with burying a tip of a bar on any size wood IMO. I've fell and bucked plenty of trees larger than the length of the bar safely, it's all up to the person's skill level in order for it to be done safely.

In that size I would also look at Echo 620p, husky 562xp or a Jonsered 2260

" been dying to buy a new saw... "

oh, how I can relate...

I was at my Stihl/Echo dealer today... getting some parts for my xMark ... and chain sharpening kit for my Echo CS-271T... :) sweet machine.... :sweet: and had been reading up on the Echo CS-800P with 36" bar and chain... reported to be pushing a bit over 10 1/2 hp, stock! I like the Echo product line and have a handful of their 2-stroke products to include saw and trimmers. in some cases, for me... perfect reliable use for over 15 years... never a problem! :) I have more than a passing interest in getting, in part, just for the fun of it... the 800P and besides I have a big felling/bucking project coming up soon... and I kinda think it would look good next to my Echo CS-271T.

can you say: :envy: in the bank!! ? lol, the savings on my wood project alone would pay for this imo, seriously sound investment...

http://www.echo-usa.com/Products/Chain-Saws/CS-800P

Gotta say one thing fer sure, stihl sure has earned and profited from their strategic marketing! I am not a stihl basher, I own many, but they are being phased out. If you're dead set on a stihl, I've got a 361 to sell...:laugh:.
That's another thing I wanted to address, buying from the trading post here 99.9 percent of the time, you won't be wronged here, CL, not always the same story.

My Husqvarna has been a problem since day one; the Echo dealer wants too much; and the Stihl dealer is willing to negotiate and they are knowledgeable. So Stihl really is the way I'm leaning

My Husqvarna has been a problem since day one; the Echo dealer wants too much; and the Stihl dealer is willing to negotiate and they are knowledgeable. So Stihl really is the way I'm leaning
:laugh:

The Echo dealer was where I originally planned on buying but they wanted $589 before tax for the 600 when they're on Ebay for $400
Why not buy on ebay then?!?
That's a good one! Your Echo dealer is charging regular price but you find it too expensive! :laugh: Let's see what you get for that money from Stihl...

Although it is already totally clear and this thread can already be ended, because you have clearly made up your mind to buy a Stihl product.

If you are going to be running a 24" bar most of the time you need a bigger saw than the Stihl 362 IMO. If you will only be using the 24" bar on occasion then the 362 will work. Anyhow, good luck with your purchase.

If you are going to be running a 24" bar most of the time you need a bigger saw than the Stihl 362 IMO. If you will only be using the 24" bar on occasion then the 362 will work. Anyhow, good luck with your purchase.

Thanks. Yeah most of the time it will run a 20" but on occasion I take down a big tree and I'd like to be able to use a bigger bar

Thanks. Yeah most of the time it will run a 20" but on occasion I take down a big tree and I'd like to be able to use a bigger bar

I run a 24" bar on my 036 Pro for my falling saw and it works fine, maybe not the best choice for extended bucking but I have another one with a 20" for that. You don't sound like the type of guy who would be happy with a non pro saw to me! 311 or 391 lol

Latest posts

Back