Best quality oil for fuel mix?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh heck!!! Lets just use 1/3 bacon grease and 2/3 suntanning oil!!! All this is just opinions. My buddy that started this post is an educated scienctist who is looking for scientific backed data on 2 stroke oil in aircooled chainsaw motors! He simply is looking for the best protection available for that high$$$$$ 660 he just purchased. Does anyone know of a lab backed test of all these oils?
Dang it. Everyone knows that bacon grease is for bar sprockets and clutch bearings. That would just be silly to put it in the gas.

Oh heck!!! Lets just use 1/3 bacon grease and 2/3 suntanning oil!!! All this is just opinions. My buddy that started this post is an educated scienctist who is looking for scientific backed data on 2 stroke oil in aircooled chainsaw motors! He simply is looking for the best protection available for that high$$$$$ 660 he just purchased. Does anyone know of a lab backed test of all these oils?
He asked a question and got several answers, what's the problem. Oil is oil K.I.S.S.

i always wondered why some of the oils are thicker. do they some how contain more lubricating properties(more concentrated?)
if you mix 2 oils at the same ratio are you getting better lubrication with the thicker one? as the ratio's only reflect the 2 amounts of liquid. another thing is i used some klotz on a really cold day filled a gallon tank with gas added my oil, shook it a little, drove 30 miles when i got to the job i looked in the can and the oil was still sitting at the bottom of the can. the oil was as thick or thicker than good bar oil when i put it in. it took a lot of shaking to get it to mix

Well oil is not oil . Different blends of additives . Are we gonna say Amsoil states you can run their oil at 100to1 , which im not comfortable with, but they obviously do something different to their blend to make a statement to run at 100to1??Does anyone think certain oils will produce more carbon buildup than others?

I am so sick of these oil threads !

And all the whining about aviation gas and ethanol.

No one wants to talk about what is really important!

Let's get down to the really important part of the two-cycle fuel trinity: THE AIR!

I only run German air in STIHL saws. I suck it out of sealed boxes from my dealer

Soooooooooo much better! Let's me run any decent quality saw oil at 49.683:1 with confidence.

Philbert

6 cookies!!! They were all mixed with Amsoil Saber at 100to1 with just the right amount of colon cleansing decoking effect!!!! lol!!!

Last edited:
I have to warn you guys about bacon grease! First, extremely unhealthy to use. It makes an excellent machine cutting lubricant, better than pure lard for some reason and not corrosive as I feared. However, I had no option but to eat three pounds of thick sliced bacon to obtain the bacon grease and then every time I start cutting in my shop instead of that nasty disgusting stink of moly cutting oil the smell of frying bacon fills the air. Beyond human endurance to stand there smelling bacon frying for an hour or more and not go cook up a pound or two for some manly BLT's!! My cholesterol is up 60 points just from using bacon grease as a cutting lube.

That is a concern too. Cutting lube aids in cutting. Do we want cutting lube in our mix helping cut pistons and cylinders? Cutting lube helping cut sprockets, chains, and bars? Bacon grease is evil! Only because it is too late for me and I am beyond help will I accept all moderately lean thick sliced bacon shipped to me fresh for proper disposal. My gift to the rest of humanity.

Hu

I bucked for a local logger on the landing and when we were finished we were visiting and I asked him what all he runs. He told me over the years of logging the best combination for them was Jonsered saws (2186 2188's 4 of them) total super bars, stihl chisel chain, and stihl oil in both mix and bar oil. At that point in time, I didn't ask why in the oil but, I found it interesting that he used stihl lubricants.

Just wanted to share that with you!

My homelite which was built in the 60s calls for 30w engine oil and its still running excellent

Back