Big Orange screws up!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't worry about learning Mexican , it would be more helpful to learn Spanish for now and as soon as you master that learn Chinese that will be really important soon as well ... And everyone else in this country must be 20 years behind Jersey spanish has been the 2nd language of tree and landscape / all construction and AG. work here since I was born .. I don't even know what all the hub bubs about I have worked with Mexicans , Puerto Ricans, Guatemalans, Dominicans , people from EL Salvador since I was 10 on the farm ... And I have never worked any construction job where there hasn't been some guys ... i don't know must be me ...

Or we could make it a prerequisite they learn English:)

Once upon a time there was a tree as old as time , til one day rolled down the primrose lane a truck as bright as cheap MAD DOG wine , three fine chaps in a relative short trip , turned that specimen into a steaming pile #### chips, and off into the sunset they clattered laughing and smiling as the Spanish they chattered ... RIP LITTLE Tree, and if they are asked who dun it they're sure to say "NO ES ME".

Tears man, tears, that was beautiful, you have a natural talent. :hmm3grin2orange:

once I set upon a sappy stump.
It made my pants and hair stick to my rump.
The time of this was in 19 and 83.
That is when i was a :newbie:

you too Rope! you guys should wright a tree poetry book!

I had a driveway that I had broken
the homeowner had sights of a soakin
I picked it up and layed it again
left the homeowner with a grin
should he had soaked me
I would have hit him in the chin

watcha think!:laugh:

you too Rope! you guys should wright a tree poetry book!

I had a driveway that I had broken
the homeowner had sights of a soakin
I picked it up and layed it again
left the homeowner with a grin
should he had soaked me
I would have hit him in the chin

watcha think!:laugh:

Started a life many years past, back then nothing fancy just spur and cut and be darned fast.

As years passed and passed and inflation rose, the pay was the same we barely covered our toe's

Many would come and many would go, we stood our ground through sleet and the snow.

Some said we were crazy, others thought were were dense, we stayed and were paid a few more cents.

Why do we do it, why don't we quit, cause we are treemen and that ain't no ####:)

Last edited:
Ya that suks for sure. But I will say from how you are describing things that the HO plays a HUGE role in what happened to the cherry. If the tree I wanted cut down wasnt SUPER OBV I would walk to it and point to it. Or better yet put my hand on it and say "this one, this one RIGHT HERE" .

Unfortunately that doesn't always work either.

I cut a low brach for a customer. Put my hand on it right at the trunk and asked if he wanted me to cut it right there. He said yes. After I cut it he said something like, I only wanted the little branch coming off of that. The branch he wanted cut was about 2 feet to my right, the trunk was to my left.

well the Home owner contacted me!

we have an agreement that was offered & the Ho`s decided to accept..........a replacement tree same specie, properly planted & a little over $5000.00 in cash!

so I guess that will answer how much is a certain tree worth!

LXT............

The assplode rep said nothing would come of it...bet I woulda proved him wrong on the spot...plus his rig would be lime green with pink polka dots next morning...having a diesel compressor opens alot of possibilities...

Oh...windshields included...

Asplundh...same evolutionary scale as tru green cracklawn...hate em both.

Lol, i sometimes wonder if you listen to yourself. Your comparison to a sculpture is flawed. First off, the "sculptor" (whether you want to call him God, mother nature, or gaia) is still alive and still producing "sculptures" at a blistering pace. It makes me wonder how many of this tree's offspring did the homeowner mow off. The "sculptor" was still working, but the guy didn't want any more.

Secondly, a maple tree is not a unique work of art. They are more like a McDonald's sign, you can't turn around without bumping into one. I've got a couple of this same tree in my backyard that are coming down this summer.

Thirdly, you do realize that trees are not the biggest producer of oxygen on this planet, and if you throw in the tropical jungles around the world, this specific tree was responsible for a very minuscule amount of the oxygen produced. If you or this guy are so concerned about oxygen, are you riding bikes to work?

Fourthly, on hot days, how many people do you see enjoying the shade? Bet they are all either in front of a fan or ac unit. (I know this one can be argued, but threw it in to be difficult. I'd prefer owning a house that i don't have to ever worry about tree damage than one that's shaded by many trees.) I'm also sure this guy really enjoyed having to rake leaves every fall.

And fifthly, not everyone's taste in "art" is the same. I don't find trees relaxing and don't find them beautiful.

I think 200k would be an outrageous ploy to profit from something that many don't even consider a bad day, much less a tragedy. Honestly, i think some people need to reevaluate what actually constitutes a tragedy.

I really wonder if you have no appreciation of trees if this site is a good match for you. The homeowner should get a very large settlement for this. What if someone came to your house and cut down all your trees? Your landscaping would suddenly look like sh&$ wouldn't it. It doesn't matter the type of tree in a situation like this. I am all about cutting trees that need to come down or logging areas that the landowner wants done but if someone did that to me when they got home Every tree in their yard would be laying in piles.:angry:

If 200k is not a relative amount, what would be?

I say grind the stump, professionally landscape, and maybe $5k.

well the Home owner contacted me!

we have an agreement that was offered & the Ho`s decided to accept..........a replacement tree same specie, properly planted & a little over $5000.00 in cash!

so I guess that will answer how much is a certain tree worth!

I really wonder if you have no appreciation of trees if this site is a good match for you. The homeowner should get a very large settlement for this.

Beowulf has left the building!:

He may be a tree hater, yet what's funny is that he threw out a number that was closer to the actual reimbursement than the other posters here.

Back