Big Orange screws up!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
look at the post closer. he says he doesnt want then on his yard he doesnt find them relaxing or beautiful. I get the impression he doesnt like trees

I don't like treehuggers, but as for trees themselves, i honestly don't have feelings for them one way or another. I was raised in a logging family, we had a 120 acre orchard and a 3000+ tap sugaring operation. I was raised to view trees as another natural resource to be used for mankind's benefit, not abused as has been done in the past by man, but used.
I'm also not sure why my finding trees to not be relaxing or beautiful is a big deal. I find it relaxing to sit at my piano and play, not stare at trees, because when looking at trees my mind invariably wanders to thinking of how i'd take it down. And as for the beautiful thing, i find the curves of a woman beautiful, trees have nothing on that. I'm grateful that trees have provided me with a comfortable living all my career, but that's about it.
I personally feel that people who love and worship trees have a bit of a screw lose. And frankly, i'm getting tired of loons like you making me feel immoral for not loving trees. I don't love trees, i don't cry when i see a tree hit the ground, i don't whisper sweet nothings to it as i'm climbing it, i don't give a second thought to a tree's feelings before i lay a saw into it. If this makes me a bad treeman or arborist, then i don't really care.
As for trees around a house, yes, i don't like them. I've spent too many years taking trees off houses, that i don't want to have to do it to mine. I have 37 trees in my yard right now, mostly hard maple and oak with a few trash trees thrown it. I actually saved better than ten thousand dollars when buying the house because i refused to buy it when it was surrounded by white pine and silver maple, because honestly, have you been on a snowstorm where white pine hasn't been half your work or seen a windstorm that hasn't knocked branches off a silver maple? Off course, this may not be true in rochester, because i've literally put hundreds of silver maples and white pines on the ground in that city. You're welcome.:D

Why don't you psycho's get off a treeman's back who actually works in the real world and go back to your little fantasy nirvana, where i'm sure the trees are missing the feel of your "johnson" against their bark.

Last edited:
I don't like treehuggers, but as for trees themselves, i honestly don't have feelings for them one way or another. I was raised in a logging family, we had a 120 acre orchard and a 3000+ tap sugaring operation. I was raised to view trees as another natural resource to be used for mankind's benefit, not abused as has been done in the past by man, but used.
I'm also not sure why my finding trees to not be relaxing or beautiful is a big deal. I find it relaxing to sit at my piano and play, not stare at trees, because when looking at trees my mind invariably wanders to thinking of how i'd take it down. And as for the beautiful thing, i find the curves of a woman beautiful, trees have nothing on that. I'm grateful that trees have provided me with a comfortable living all my career, but that's about it.
I personally feel that people who love and worship trees have a bit of a screw lose. And frankly, i'm getting tired of loons like you making me feel immoral for not loving trees. I don't love trees, i don't cry when i see a tree hit the ground, i don't whisper sweet nothings to it as i'm climbing it, i don't give a second thought to a tree's feelings before i lay a saw into it. If this makes me a bad treeman or arborist, then i don't really care.
As for trees around a house, yes, i don't like them. I've spent too many years taking trees off houses, that i don't want to have to do it to mine. I have 37 trees in my yard right now, mostly hard maple and oak with a few trash trees thrown it. I actually saved better than ten thousand dollars when buying the house because i refused to buy it when it was surrounded by white pine and silver maple, because honestly, have you been on a snowstorm where white pine hasn't been half your work or seen a windstorm that hasn't knocked branches off a silver maple? Off course, this may not be true in rochester, because i've literally put hundreds of silver maples and white pines on the ground in that city. You're welcome.:D

Why don't you psycho's get off a treeman's back who actually works in the real world and go back to your little fantasy nirvana, where i'm sure the trees are missing the feel of your "johnson" against their bark.

I think that deep down you do love trees , I whisper to them right before I take there heads off " I'm sorry" is that wrong it makes me feel good ... I hope that one day all the treehuggers and treemen can frolic together in the meadows of quaking aspens and write poems to one another , wouldn't that be swell , I bet your smiling right about now and that is the point , now fly away little butterfly be free....

I think that deep down you do love trees , I whisper to them right before I take there heads off " I'm sorry" is that wrong it makes me feel good ... I hope that one day all the treehuggers and treemen can frolic together in the meadows of quaking aspens and write poems to one another , wouldn't that be swell , I bet your smiling right about now and that is the point , now fly away little butterfly be free....

Lol! The quaking aspen part was a nice touch!

ya didnt think id sit by idle did ya?

hows it going out your way Jeff? they`re showing a big storm coming in & with that hit after Japan......tree work should be good uh? that tier 4 regulations prolly help you guys!

LXT...........

ya didnt think id sit by idle did ya?

hows it going out your way Jeff? they`re showing a big storm coming in & with that hit after Japan......tree work should be good uh? that tier 4 regulations prolly help you guys!

LXT...........

Ha Ha, you know, out here is like,'What a rush!', Ha, just messing with ya. Nah, all is really good and and no tsunami and my little bro bet it will be soon. Goober actually bet $1.00 on March 20th. I figure if it is the 19th or the 21st, I win! Hahahaha! Anyway, on the tier's, gotta comply or suffer. It's California, I won't say how much I make a year, but I would love to make it in a state that don't rape!
:msp_ohmy:
Jeff :dizzy:

I'm unclear why anything about this would be funny.

Sort of like running over a chicken in the Phillipines.... All chickens are "Prize Winning Fighting Champions", and now you owe me $250,000.00 so me and my family to live on until we raise another chicken to support the family!

The value of a standing, living tree is very subject....what one person thinks the tree is worth(especially when a lawsuit is involved) is a matter of opinion. Until the tree was cut, the homeowner may have considered it a pain in the backside...but now, it's worth millions!

Scott

101 writing poetry.........................this will be good!
Can you share some of your artisan skill!:clap:

Once upon a time there was a tree as old as time , til one day rolled down the primrose lane a truck as bright as cheap MAD DOG wine , three fine chaps in a relative short trip , turned that specimen into a steaming pile #### chips, and off into the sunset they clattered laughing and smiling as the Spanish they chattered ... RIP LITTLE Tree, and if they are asked who dun it they're sure to say "NO ES ME".

Last edited:
I think the value of the tree would be quite different, weather it was in front of a $20,000 shack, or on a several million dollar estate... If you cut the wrong tree around here, it might be cheaper to buy them a new house.. one with a nice big tree in the yard... you can find one for less than 200K. :msp_biggrin:

:agree2:
I think the value of the tree would be quite different, weather it was in front of a $20,000 shack, or on a several million dollar estate... If you cut the wrong tree around here, it might be cheaper to buy them a new house.. one with a nice big tree in the yard... you can find one for less than 200K. :msp_biggrin:

lol I wasn't actually attacking you or trying to make you feel bad.... its just i feel trees are a big part of our surroundings. I cut down more trees than i trim , but there are trees i flat out refuse to remove.Like the big 170+ beech trees on east/ park aves, 200 yr old white oaks in highland..ect. I would find that immoral to ME. My whole position was even if you dont like trees and they may not mean anything more than a career to you the HO may feel completely opposite and he is entitled to his rationale as you are yours. So if you cut down his tree and its only worth lumber to you , but it has more meaning to him the ball is in his court.
kinda like someone banging your wife and sayingit only physical and not emotional so its ok. your opinion would be different and since its your wife your opinion would(should) matter and hold trump

Hey Nate, I actually used to live on East Ave. right by the George Eastman House in fact. I know exactly what you mean, those beeches are awesome, hard to imagine anyone wanting to get rid of them.

I can't blame these homeowners for being upset. Looked at it on google earth and that was a nice tree with a nice little shade garden under it. I hope they get something for the loss. Even if they did shell out the thousands to replace it it would never be the same.

Well I probably shouldn't say this but I too have taken out the wrong tree, we did a job for a golf course and my boss tagged 2 out of 4 trees for an extension of there tennis courts they wanted to add a sitting area an a outdoor firepit area , we removed the 2 beautiful oaks with the ribbons , however the manager marked the 2 he really liked .. I was sent to start the trees and there was really no one to talk to including my boss , so by the time that the manager arrived tree # 1 was wood and tree # 2 was missing a side .. Needless to say he freaked and through us off the job , my boss freaked fired me , than rehired me 2 days later after he realized how the trees were marked , other than end markers trees with ribbons usually go .. So there is surely something to say about communication ... I should have called in and maybe in the case of this maple something may have been mismarked ..

Well I probably shouldn't say this but I too have taken out the wrong tree, we did a job for a golf course and my boss tagged 2 out of 4 trees for an extension of there tennis courts they wanted to add a sitting area an a outdoor firepit area , we removed the 2 beautiful oaks with the ribbons , however the manager marked the 2 he really liked .. I was sent to start the trees and there was really no one to talk to including my boss , so by the time that the manager arrived tree # 1 was wood and tree # 2 was missing a side .. Needless to say he freaked and through us off the job , my boss freaked fired me , than rehired me 2 days later after he realized how the trees were marked , other than end markers trees with ribbons usually go .. So there is surely something to say about communication ... I should have called in and maybe in the case of this maple something may have been mismarked ..

I see where the line clearance are now using pre- planners. I did all my own pre-planning permission etc. I never had a serious problem. They also seem to be using illegals mysteriously made legal:dizzy: I thought of doing pre-planning work but can't speak Mexican which is almost a requirement:rolleyes: I worked row 20 years and likely could not get a job now because of discrimination as I am from the wrong country:monkey:

I see where the line clearance are now using pre- planners. I did all my own pre-planning permission etc. I never had a serious problem. They also seem to be using illegals mysteriously made legal:dizzy: I thought of doing pre-planning work but can't speak Mexican which is almost a requirement:rolleyes: I worked row 20 years and likely could not get a job now because of discrimination as I am from the wrong country:monkey:

Don't worry about learning Mexican , it would be more helpful to learn Spanish for now and as soon as you master that learn Chinese that will be really important soon as well ... And everyone else in this country must be 20 years behind Jersey spanish has been the 2nd language of tree and landscape / all construction and AG. work here since I was born .. I don't even know what all the hub bubs about I have worked with Mexicans , Puerto Ricans, Guatemalans, Dominicans , people from EL Salvador since I was 10 on the farm ... And I have never worked any construction job where there hasn't been some guys ... i don't know must be me ... Not to say its right but even in a Recession/depression there are still jobs that the whites/blacks are to proud to take , the illegals are just oppurtunists thats all if all the jobs were filled than they would have no reason to want to be here , and I doubt that there will ever be a peach picking union .....

Last edited:
Back