Boss 28 ton splitter info?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Icepack

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Anybody know anything about them? Good, Bad, Ugly? I'm wanting to get a splitter and it's in my price range. List $1799 but can get it for $1599 all set up and ready to go. It has a 7 hp subaru engine. I don't know anything about spliitters. First year burning wood in a Blazeking Princess. I just want one for home wood supply. I'm cutting Pin oak, White oak, Shagbark hickory and black locust.

Never heard of them. They do no post cycle times on their website. Sears says the 28T has a 17 second cycle time,,,seems kind of slow to me. I would veriffy that with the company before purchase.

Personally, DHT seems like a better buy (quicker cycle time, bigger motor, good reviews, good 4-way wedge option) and they are a sponsor here:

http://www.logsplittersdirect.com/Dirty-Hand-Tools-100342-Log-Splitter/p11200.html

Never heard of them. They do no post cycle times on their website. Sears says the 28T has a 17 second cycle time,,,seems kind of slow to me. I would veriffy that with the company before purchase.

Personally, DHT seems like a better buy (quicker cycle time, bigger motor, good reviews, good 4-way wedge option) and they are a sponsor here:

http://www.logsplittersdirect.com/Dirty-Hand-Tools-100342-Log-Splitter/p11200.html
Yes, I will go look at the DHTs. I think the cycle time on the Boss was listed at 13 secs.

I can vouch for the DHT Unit...Cycle time on the 28 Ton is 10.5 sec...Check out my videos on this machine

I can vouch for the DHT Unit...Cycle time on the 28 Ton is 10.5 sec...Check out my videos on this machine

nice video, I got one of these in april and it's as fast and strong as they say. the only thing makes me worry is how hot this thing gets . called the maker told me to use heavier oil AW48 still run 'bout 220 degrees . does yours get that hot?

Back