Brand Blindness

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gas stabilizer. Burn your brains out too.
Never used it but that's interesting 🤔

Been running 800 for over a decade,

It's the goods man. Me n the extended family and friends have for over 20 years now in mx bikes and a couple road bikes too. Never seen carbon build up. Never seen scored up pistons never had a problem with fouling plugs. 32/1 in 85s and 125s 40 in saws and 250s and the 500s

Saws have seen the same results at 40/1

Aaaaaand it smells tooo good😋 even unburnt it's like strawberries 😅🤣😂

But yup good stuff.

Some say it's not the right flash point for saws but pfffft no carbon no fouling.

I'll admit to this but ran my 266 for a good 5 min on 150 or even 200/1 ratio. I filled the tank up with my usual saw can and the boy had been in the shed and it was actually the mower can. Retard moment but anyway 266 survived.
Good lesson

Fxckin good oil

I got that way over the years just use what works for you. Talk to the people that work on the stuff not the sales people.
If you ask engine builders what is engine wear like with this or that they won't be mentioning any factory oil brands but Echo for air cooled tools. I don't make oil or study it too much but engine wear is undeniable. That I do check on that. The best mix oil aways cost a premium price. It's been that way since the 1970s. Some companies obviously charge too much and provide too little and that will never change. Read the paperwork or build sheets before you decide not the bottle or can. Joe uses this oil because... isn't the way to go. Next comes my dealer said....

The most successful guy on the sales floor doesn't sell, he asks questions and solves problems.
In my former career I didn't sell kitchen cabinets, I designed kitchens that met the cook's wants and needs.
I don't buy Stihl because they are the only good saw maker. I buy it because a million other guys believe they are. Reselling when I move on is SO easy.

If you ask engine builders what is engine wear like with this or that they won't be mentioning any factory oil brands but Echo for air cooled tools. I don't make oil or study it too much but engine wear is undeniable. That I do check on that. The best mix oil aways cost a premium price. It's been that way since the 1970s. Some companies obviously charge too much and provide too little and that will never change. Read the paperwork or build sheets before you decide not the bottle or can. Joe uses this oil because... isn't the way to go. Next comes my dealer said....
Years ago I used Quaker State my reason it would stay in the engine and not leak out. I got a 4 cylinder neon in 08 I notice a lot of soap under the valve cover did a mobile one switch really cleaned it up. I tried mobile one in my Harley was ok after did a Amsoil change never shot a temperature gun at it I swear the bike runs cooler a much better ride when very hot out. Ams oil saber has a fuel stabilizer in it let a 272 set for 10 years never drained the old fuel out added a little new started in 4 pulls ran good. My thing I could not read a build sheet.

Even stihls so called best but worst oil is only FB rated. Any we can buy from stihl in US is FB. Their better oil is sold overseas. Cant figure out why we get the crap stuff. Run the other way from their oils imo. They dont even get the old FC rating.

FB corresponds to high lubricity performance but without any low-smoke technology.

FC meets the FB lubricity standards but also is a low-smoke lubricant.

FD corresponds to higher detergency properties than the other two grades, meets the lubricity requirements and has low smoke requirements.

Best oils today are FD.

VPracing 40:1 FD and Efree 89 all I need.

Attachments

• soilFB.jpg
    soilFB.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 1
  • soil (2).jpg
    soil (2).jpg
    228.6 KB · Views: 0
  • vp22.jpg
    vp22.jpg
    503.2 KB · Views: 0
  • vp2.jpg
    vp2.jpg
    449.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 412049410_10230341515738281_6616930929976109537_n_002.jpg
    412049410_10230341515738281_6616930929976109537_n_002.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 0
Even stihls so called beast but worst oil is only FB rated. Any we can buy from stihl in US is FB. Their better oil is sold overseas. Cant figure out why we get the crap stuff. Run the other way from their oils imo. They dont even get the old FC rating.

FB corresponds to high lubricity performance but without any low-smoke technology.

FC meets the FB lubricity standards but also is a low-smoke lubricant.

FD corresponds to higher detergency properties than the other two grades, meets the lubricity requirements and has low smoke requirements.

Best oils today are FD.

VPracing 40:1 FD and Efree 89 all I need.
That also has fuel stability brain burner in it. Same as Stihl Ultra... instant headache.

Never ever had any fuel stabilized 2 stroke mix oils give me headaches. So not my problem. o_O

Never ever have any of the locals that run the oils I sell to them complain of anything like that.

This poulan oil is FD too. Turned alot off of that ultra crap with this alone. ;)

Attachments

• poulanoil 002.JPG
    poulanoil 002.JPG
    138.7 KB · Views: 0
  • poulanoil 003.JPG
    poulanoil 003.JPG
    93.7 KB · Views: 0
  • poilx.jpg
    poilx.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 0
  • poilxx.jpg
    poilxx.jpg